3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How to bring in the hogs?  (Read 284 times)

Offline RedTx

• Trad Bowhunter
How to bring in the hogs?
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
One of my places is getting hogs on it.  I personally hate how they make huge wallows/holes in our pastures.  Had a neighbor come and trap about 30 a year or so ago.  Well they are back and making holes everywhere, and I thought I might as well start hunting them.

I never see them at the feeders, or any where else for that matter.  There eating the crap out of our pecans, but I cant pattern them.

Any ideas on how to give them a beat down would be much appreciated

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How to bring in the hogs?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Q-Beam

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
I read a thread here a while back about a guy dumping like 900 gallons of water in a spot for a wallow----it might have been on the tradgang DVD(good by the way). He said they come right to a free wallow.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 07:22:00 AM »
From what I've seen they sure like corn and will come to a feeder daily. Water is sure thing as well.

You could always give us your address and we could help!
hunt it

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »
There is a farm near my home and the hogs seem to like to rub on Creosote fence posts. Every where there is a creosote post, there is sign. You might consider this in your setup. Post hole diggers and an old cross tie........Lin
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline White Feather1951

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
After haveing the hogs tear everything they could up at our deer camp we declared war on them, we took some post hole diggers and dug down as far as we could, about 3 feet, poured in a bag of corn and then a gallon of sour milk, then covered it back up, took about 2 days and they started rooting at it, all you have to do is pick the best one and shoot, in 3 years we have killed 78 hogs off our lease, we shoot the smaller ones and take them in to have them processed and mixed with our deer meat for deer sausage, the rest we give to the group Hunters feeding the hungry, they butcher the hogs and the meat goes to feed some hungry family, just pick you out a good place to set up and get ready for some action, most of the time the hogs come in right at dark, do as many holes as you think you need, if one place is not drawing them go to another, good luck, WF.
Takes less time to do it right than do it over.

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Post an open invatation to the guys that read this forum and I bet over a long weekend those hogs would be hurting.
lll

Offline jon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
Find a product called "Hog Wild" and follow the instructions to make an attractant site.
A variation we used was to fill a 5 gal bucket half full with corn, put a cup of hog wild on it and fill with water. Let it sour for a couple of days and then toss out handfulls along a 2 track up wind from the hogs bedding area. Come back in an hour and have fun stalking them. We used to get 25-30 out on the 2 track at a time. Good luck and have fun.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©