3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: got my hunt'n truck!  (Read 1054 times)

Offline randy grider

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: got my hunt'n truck!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
my new rig, '08 f-250, 6.4 PSD, 6 speed manual, also my camper.

its me, against me.
member KTBA,MCFGC,UBK,NRA

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
Congrats. My first "ordered from the factory" truck was the 4X4 Ranger on the cover of the 1992 Ford Ranger catalog.
Ran it for four years, no issues what so ever. Like a dummy I traded for another vehicle. I still miss that truck.

Good luck out there.

JDS III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
I had a 83 Ranger that I drove for 15 years never had it stuck so that it didnt come out on its on. Sold it to a guy at work who is very rough on vehicles he said that the only time he got it stuck he slid off in his pond. He said it probably would have came out of that but he was pulling a trailer. Great trucks I have been looking at them again.
Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
A Ford?  :scared:  

Just kidding  :biglaugh:  

Congratulations!

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »
they are great trucks.......but no side airbags!!   :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
mine has side airbags
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Charlie Cole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »
Hey Tenbrook-

Nice. I have a bone-stock 22RE '89 (except for the 33x11.50 BFGs) that will climb trees and swim through mud, sand, marsh, whatever. And when you miscalculate the angle on that sand-hill, you and a buddy can push it back over. Not that I've ever done that...

My wife drives it to work most days. Keeps me out of trouble on MY way to work.

Ian- My college roommate had a Ranger that we abused pretty good. Called it the "Danger Ranger". Lucky we lived- we were stupid.
For the record, the Ranger is NOT designed for jumping train tracks or ditches (front-end heavy), and if you live, you WILL be replacing parts. So don't do that. Respect it. Drive it like you have to keep it forever, and you will. And you'll stay out of the hospital, too.
Congrats, drive safe, and have a great season!

Offline Juniper Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »
Cool! I am also a teenage traditional bowhunter and recently got my first vehical, a Ford Ranger.
It seems to work real well up on the mountain roads and can haul all the crap, I mean equipment, that I need. Two quick tips that I found:
1) Not sure if yours is 2WD or 4WD from your post, but particularly if it is 2WD it would be best to throw some weight in the back when on gravel and snow covered roads. If you use some big chunks of wood then when you get a big game animal you can throw the wood out (and not miss it) and put the deer, elk, bear, whatever in its place.
2) I was hunting alone once and harvested a big bodied WT buck. Drug him grunting and groaning to the truck only to find out that I couldn't lift him by myself. I ended up having to quarter him up. Some friends later showed my how to let the tailgate down further, at an angle to the ground, which makes pulling an animal into the bed easier. Can't really discribe it, you have to release the cables that hold the tailgate up, maybe someone can explain better?
Congratulations, Juniper Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »
Congratulations Ian     :thumbsup:   Your first vehicle is special, something you'll always remember. If it's not 4WD and you're going to use it for hunting get a Handyman or Hi-lift Jack and carry it in the vehicle for those times you get stuck.       :thumbsup:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Ford fan all the way here! I still have my 96 Explorer and had an 88 Ranger STX previously.

www.therangerstation.com

best site out there for ranger stuff!
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
Nothing like your first pickup.  I walked around my first one for half an hour just lookin' at it 8^).  That was over twenty years ago.  I have a Chevy 03' Silverado 4 wheel drive that I really like.  

Above all....treat it and the driving laws respectfully.  There's a bunch of thumpin' boneheads out there just looking for a place to crash.  Keep the cell phone in the glove compartment while your're driving 8^).

Offline quackersnacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
Careful, you'll shoot you eye out!
...Oops, bad habit.
I mean, congrats and keep it between the ditches. At least when you want to!!
  :scared:
"Ain't nothin, never just right when ya wants ta do whatcha wants ta do. So ya best just go ahead and do it anyway" -Rancid Crabtree

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
95' Ford Ranger Extended cab. 205K miles and still going.  Think it's time for new Universals and shocks.

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
ttt
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Be careful and have fun.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
Congrats on the truck.  I had a two wheel drive regular cab ranger in college and had blast in that truck, tough as nails.  me and my buddies are not the smallest boys and i am the smallest(6'1" @230) and the other two were much larger.  i had to ride in the middle and shift gears while one of the others steered and worked the gas and clutch.  i cannot begin to tell how many deer were put in the back of that truck.  we called it the "Boog" because it was green.  now go kill something
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2007, 12:41:00 AM »
Congratulations on the Ranger.  My first truck was a '90 Ranger extra cab 4x4...dang I miss that truck.  Lot of great memories in hunting and other things...  :rolleyes:  but I'll leave those out.  Take care of it and be careful.  As a police officer I have seen way to many people lose their lives because of not paying attention.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »
ttt

Offline ArrowChucker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »
Congrats on the truck. In 1990 I bought a 1987 ranger 4x4. Still got it today and drive it frequently to work and hunt. It has had a few modifications over the years like a 6" lift and 33x12.50 tires. Had the motor rebuilt at 190,000 and its got over 330,000 on it now. I had a $400 paint job put on it this past summer. Guess I'll keep it till it just won't go no more. Love that truck.

Offline Wulomac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 07:33:00 AM »
Good truck!! I love my little Ford (350) pickup.  You will too!  :bigsmyl:
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.  GEN-21:20

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©