INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: That was cheap  (Read 337 times)

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
That was cheap
« on: October 25, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

Bear 4 arrow bolt on leathertop quiver in pretty decent shape for less than $20.00 plus reasonable shipping.  

There's some real bargains out there.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: That was cheap
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
must have been right hand. can't seem to buy a LH spring arm for less than 75 bucks and I am not paying that much

doug77

Offline Novaln1975

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
Yep, and here is an even better deal

And I won this last week

Simon

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
Yeah Simon, those were some great deals also.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
Trap and Simon,

Yeah, there is some weird stuff going on right now--maybe it's the moon--which would explain why I can't hit anything and why I am currently not on speaking terms with my '59 Grizzly.   :knothead:  

Simon, I bid on that one last night thinking 'yeah right, like that bid's gonna hold'--and wouldn't ya know it, it did.

Similar thing happened last week with a bunch of odds and ends--it turned out something was included with the package that I didn't even notice was listed, but was the best part of the deal--the instruction page from the old Bear bow quivers.  It must be from about '64 or '65 because it lists all of them including the double spring arm quivers, but the razorhead diagram is from the original Razorheads.

When I get a piece of glass big enough to flatten it for a photo I will post it in its own thread for future reference for folks--it explains installation of all the different quivers as well as the measurements for drilling the quiver bushing hole in a riser. It's a really cool info sheet---to me, but in hindsight maybe it's pretty common to everyone but me   :p  

Bernie

Offline CrookedStick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »
On the other hand... 250518532587

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
If they are going cheap it is becaus the competitive bidders are not stepping up to the plate.   Could be the economy.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
It's probably deer season.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©