3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cabela's Dry Plus Noisy???  (Read 389 times)

Offline Seeza

• Trad Bowhunter
Cabela's Dry Plus Noisy???
« on: December 08, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
Has anyone tried Cabela's Dry Plus at cold temperatures?  Does the laminate become noisy?  I really like their Microtex uninsulated clothes with a wool insulating layer underneath and would like something a little more wind proof when the weather gets below freezing.  Thanks for the help.

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cabela's Dry Plus Noisy???
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
I have used Cabela's Dry Plus for 7 years now. I have been in about every bad weather situation you could imagine with it on and it has NEVER failed me and, it is super quiet. I never wear it unless the temps are below freezing. Best investment in hunting cloths I've ever made. It is everything it is advertised to be.

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by sswv:
I have used Cabela's Dry Plus for 7 years now. I have been in about every bad weather situation you could imagine with it on and it has NEVER failed me and, it is super quiet. I never wear it unless the temps are below freezing. Best investment in hunting cloths I've ever made. It is everything it is advertised to be.
I feel the same way

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
Although we seldom get cold weather here I think Dry Plus is excellent and very consistent in all weather conditions that I encounter. Probably better than the higher priced GT.

Offline mbbushman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
It's good stuff, but I have to disagree with some of the other posters on this stuff. I find it to be LOUD when temps are below freezing. Even with my Columbia wool jacket over top of the Dry Plus it still rustles too much for my liking. I now use it strictly for warmer weather, or gun hunts when silence isn't nearly as much an issue. It does do everything else they claim about it though.

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by mbbushman:
It's good stuff, but I have to disagree with some of the other posters on this stuff. I find it to be LOUD when temps are below freezing. Even with my Columbia wool jacket over top of the Dry Plus it still rustles too much for my liking. I now use it strictly for warmer weather, or gun hunts when silence isn't nearly as much an issue. It does do everything else they claim about it though.
I am curious........

Not that I doubt what you are saying. I am wondering if there is a diffrence with camo choice??

What outfit do you have. I have the insulated full zipper jacket along with the insulated pants in Outfitter camo and have hunted in near zero weather and mine is dead silent and maintains a soft flexible feel.

I also just bought the "Stand Hunter" outfit from Cabelas and although it is not waterproof I really don't think you could ever get cold in this stuff. And it is a portion of wool and dead silent also. It is way more expensive than the Dry Plus stuff though.

Tim    ;)

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »
I have never found mine to be noisy either.
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©