INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Golden Monarch Bows  (Read 526 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Golden Monarch Bows
« on: January 02, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
I found a Golden Monarch bow for sale.  It's a smooth drawing old target bow.  Does anyone know anything about these bows?  I want to buy it but really can't justify the measly $65. asking price.

Am I foolish or would it be a good investment?   :rolleyes:   Just trying to convince myself to buy it.   :knothead:  

If I do buy it the only use I would have for it would be to put inserts in the riser and use it for bowfishing.  Would a 41lb bow be enough for bowfishing? Or would the inserts ruin a good collectors item?

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Golden Monarch Bows
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
Heck, if it's in good shape, draws smoothly and you like it, $65 doesn't seem like too much. If you're worried about a return on it as an investment, maybe it's not the right bow for you, but as a shooter, it sounds like you want it.

Again, if it's in good shape, you should be able to get your money back out of it.
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
Well the guy used to compete with it but due to age and arthritis he is selling it.  He actually was going to give it to the local archery shop owner who told him he would just sell it for him.

I really don't have a use for it specifically, I am just trying to justify buying it, I just know my wife will sooner or later question where all my bows are coming from.  Granted so far I have only bought two, I have 5 hanging already.  I told myself I wasn't going to start collecting, but i think I have the disease.   :banghead:  

Does anyone else want this bow I can tell you where it is.  I figure this way I won't be staring at it every time I go to the store. LOL
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:02:00 PM »
Are you sure it is not a Golden Sovereign Monarch. Jim

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
Not sure at all!  I saw golden monarch and in a Round Gold label!  The bow has been there for about 4 months and it'll be there when I go back.  The shop is predominately wheely shooters.  If not I hope someone is happy with their purchase!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
I looked at a few pictures of the sovereign monarchs and I believe it is one!  Not one with all the fancy rise woods but looks similar with the whitish color glass on the limbs.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 03:35:00 AM »
The golden sovereign bows started as the premier bows of the Ben Pearson line and later became a separate company. They are all wonderful shooters and $65 is a steal! Please don't add an insert if it doesn't already have one. These are not supper rare but they don't come around to frequently. I've been looking for a Golden Sovereign Mace for about 2 years now and have yet to find one.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©