3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 10 Little Indians...Whitetails that is!  (Read 421 times)

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
10 Little Indians...Whitetails that is!
« on: December 08, 2007, 08:32:00 PM »
Had the best night in the New England woods hunting without shooting anything.  Around here you can go days without seeing any deer than maybe 1-3 come by.  Tonight I had a Conga Line of 10...3 big does, a couple of skippers, and the rest fawns.  They trotted by at about 25 yards than the big lead doe turned coming into me getting almost to the same spot I shot another doe two nights ago.  She stopped behind a tree and turn to re-join the main group.  Decided not to take a long shot thru the white pines as I have the rest of the month and 5 doe tags plus 2 buck tags left.

I've hunted the Mid West and Dakotas where you see a lot of deer together but this was the largest group of suburban deer I've encountered. Seems like the does are grouping up...that's kinda unusual around here cause of all the food around the houses.  Plus they don't yard up in the suburbs.

I'll be back after them next week cause you can't hunt Sundays here.  Still have one hanging that needs to be processed anyway...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 10 Little Indians...Whitetails that is!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Sounds like a fun night Doc.

Good luck with em next week!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
That's a great night in New England Jeff, heck I've only seen 10 deer all year, and none since gun season opened.....good luck with the rest of your season.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
Sequel to story,  The eleventh deer came in at dark right behind me and down wind.  It was my radio collared doe that I have seen for the past 5 years.  She is a smart old girl and even though I've had many opportunities to shot at her...I've always passed for feeling sorry she has to wear that collar.  Plus now she's probably pretty dang tough to eat!  Every year, she seems to always find me   :rolleyes:  Even though she was by herself tonight, she usually brings friends with her...some that have made my freezer in the past  :thumbsup:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
Cool doc, I used to see 25-30 lots of afternoon hunts, now we have gotten hit with blue tongue and coyotes it is tough. I saw 11 one day this year and that normally(2-3 years ago) would not even be an average hunt. Best of Luck! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »
Nice hunt Doc. I saw six does the other afternoon when i was out for a combined rabbit deer hunt. I was within 30 yards when the old doe made me, those old girls are smart. We have quite a lot of snow here, and that makes it fun to sneak around. By the way i missed two rabbits   :banghead:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
That's a good night in the woods no matter where you hunt!  Hopefully just a little bit closer next time thru!  Follow up here with pics when they do  :readit:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
tippit, nice story. Hunting can be hard around here but that brings its special rewards.  :)  Jawge

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
hey doc...nice night indeed.  I opted out of the last day of shotgun up here, and went to bowhunt with jeremy down in CT.  I saw one deer way off that seemed to be running from something (it made a couple of circles before going back the way it came)...jeremy had a coyote come in later...but not close enough for a shot.   wonder if it was the coyote running the deer....

was fun finally getting to hunt with another 'ganger' though.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Robert Warnock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
It's always cool to watch them feed by, whether you get a shot or not.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©