INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Herters Sitka questions please?  (Read 317 times)

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
Herters Sitka questions please?
« on: January 10, 2010, 04:20:00 AM »
My Saint Bernard Sitka is terminally ill and my wife is not taking it well. I mentioned to her the other day that I had seen a bow called a Sitka and she got more interested than usual. I was thinking of adding one to the collection if they shoot at all decent as a commemorative bow. Seems like the one I saw was a looker anyway. I'd really appreciate any info you could provide on this bow.

Thanks
Rick
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Herters Sitka questions please?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
They were made or maybe just distributed by Herters and come in several lengths. The most costly and hard to get is the little short one. They all shoot great and have nice wood and the longer ones have pretty huge risers out of a single block of wood. I think there is one on the auction site now medium length. Jim

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
Did some research my self as well looks like a 1967 is a possibility which would fit the collection well. Also the serial numbers give you month, year and which bow of the both it is.

Offline Bill Sant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:12:00 AM »
Rick Sorry about Sitka and you hit me in my soft spot.  I'm in Anchorage and if you want to come on by I've got one you can have.  It's got a huge block of rosewood for the riser.  Was gonna refinish it but just don't have the time.  The limbs are in perfect shape and it shoots great.  62" and 54#.  Give me a call if you are interested, and I can do pics with email if you want.  Bill  349-3081

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
Bill

Thank you! I'll be calling later today. Sorry I missed your post, I would have responded sooner. Tracy will really appreciate this.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©