3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell me about your A&H acs cx  (Read 528 times)

Offline ronda

• Trad Bowhunter
Tell me about your A&H acs cx
« on: December 09, 2007, 01:45:00 PM »
I want to here about your bow, your experienc with A&H, do they tiller for 3 under, do they do custom grips and any hunting stories with your bow.

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell me about your A&H acs cx
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
not sure about the tillering,,, not that it matters though. i have a metal risered 62"er. very dead in hand,,, quieted to a VERY faint whisper after a hush puppy split in two and placed at the 1/3 and 1/4 marks,,,, the higher pitch of carbon and metal is gone. brace is at
7 1/2" and nock ht is at 5/8",,,, arrow flight is good to my eyes,,, have not bareshafted yet though. BUT,,, all my arrows hit far right of my mark,,,, those arrows fly dead on out of my 50# Brack,,, the ACS CX claim holds true.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ronda

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
I'm on the list, still a few months to go. Just anxious to here others stories about their bows.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Best bow I have ever shot!  I would suggest calling John or Larry.  Both guy are great to talk to and they can tell you exactly what options are available.

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
I am very pleased with both of mine to say the least.  One is 64" and 58#@30".  The other is 64" and 52# @ 30".  They both have the aluminum riser.  They are the only two bows I own.  The 58# bow I ordered Nov. '06 and received July of '07.  I think they are getting them out a little faster now.  I think they are right up there speed wise with all the other high end bows.  The difference is when you start shooting a heavy arrow.  I have basically been able to drop about 5-8 lbs draw weight and still maintain the same speed as my heavier bows would shoot.  Great bows, I like them alot!
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 03:45:00 PM »
I am also very pleased with my ACS CX from A&H. So much so that I am ordering a second set of limbs for it. I have dealt with Larry concerning my bow and he is as top notch of a guy as there bows! My bow is 62", 47#'s @28 and the wood of choice is Bacote. It is the most accurate and forgiving bow I have in my stable currently. Flat shooting out to 20 yards with Easton Axis carbon's with the front end loaded. No hand shock and is absolutley quiet. I love it.
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline ronda

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
I am also dropping down in weight because of shoulder problems and have heard alot of good things about the acs cx. I am a serious bowhunter but also want to get into competitive 3D shooting. Todd

Offline Precurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »
This is the smoothest, most forgiving bow I've ever shot.  Everything just seems to fall into place when I shoot this bow.  My accuracy is the best of any bow I own when shooting this.  Efficiency and performance is everything you've heard.  Have a 62# @ 30", 64" with natural Cocobolo and a leather grip.  Beautiful as well.  Worth the money.

Dave

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
For some reason I can't figure out, the ACS-CX I have I can follow the arrow to the target easier than most bows. It isn't the sight window...I don't know. It is very smooth to shoot. I have a 60# and have another set of limbs that will be 50# coming soon.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
Ill let you know in 2 weeks. Just got an e-mail while reading this post. Mine will be done in a week. 64" 50# @ 30"
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline gilf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 04:56:00 AM »
I was lucky enough to get hold of mine about 3 months ago, it is a seriously good bow. Figures are 62" 52#@28". The big difference for me is the size, it is very small with the limbs very skinny especially at the ends. For me shooting it is an odd sensation, it draws like any other bow of it's weight but when you release you can feel it's shooting in the same manner as a higher poundage bow.

The one I have is 3rd hand but the first owner sold without shooting it and the second must have only shot 3-4 dozen arrows through it. It was made this year and the riser is Amboyna Burl which is very nice indeed.

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
The one I bought is more experienced than I am! It has been to Africa and killed 11 species of animals! So, I guess it will do the job.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline ronda

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming. Todd

Offline ronda

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
I need some more stories to satisfy my craving. Thanks, Todd

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
My 62" 57#@27 zebrawood riser ACS CX should be here Monday....I'll let you know then.  ;)
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Rod Jenkins

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
A different ACS :

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
Stop teasing Rod,,,, any word when that one will be made public,,, or if at all?
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
The first one arrived about 18 months ago. She made me quit shooting all my other bows-it was hard but worth it. I can keep up at 3D which I always hated, and was bad at. For hunting I am confident of a good shot at up to 25 yards now, and killed a goat with the bow at a pretty good distance.
My second ACS arrived about 12 months ago. It was ordered along with the first one a very long time ago back when I had hair. That was to be my back bow up but rather than explain to my lady why I needed two, I gave it to my 13 year old son, and ordered a new back up, which was OK because it backs up my son's bow too.
It arrived about 2 months ago. In the meantime my son has won several 3D's and he shot a hog with the bow too. Not to be outdone I shot a sheep. ronda you wanted detail-right? So now we have 3 beautiful CX's and a lot of not so useful
others hanging on various pegs and getting very forlorn.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 12:15:00 AM »
Hey Rod! How's the crane treating you and what happened to shoot to8s? I may have the name a bit wrong; but you get the idea. Good to see your bow and to hear from you too! Hope you are getting time to shoot some.
Regards,
Bjorn

Offline Rod Jenkins

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 12:29:00 AM »
Kawika, who knows what the future holds  :saywhat:  

Hey Bjorn...been very busy. but still manage to shoot a bit   :)  

I got a new puter and ISP, and couldn't logon to my old shooto8s account.

Sounds like you and the CX's really hit it off!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©