INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: VENECKO BOWS?  (Read 522 times)

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
VENECKO BOWS?
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Does anyone have Info about Venecko Bows? A friend of mine thought that they were made in Maine,by a company that also produced fishing equipment. Looking for the years that they were produced,Quality of these bows, and Aprox. value.
Any Info would be greatly Apprieciated.
                                   Thanx
                                   Greg
Use it Up,Wear it out,Make it do,Or do WITHOUT

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: VENECKO BOWS?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
I had a Kobah Regent model that i purchased to study since it was a lot like an Eddings. It was pretty cool how it was put together with all glass limbs and a wood riser and it shot pretty good but with some hand shock. I dont know where it was made but it was made by a tackle company and i bought it cheap and after several tries sold it pretty cheap so i dont think there is a lot of value. I have only seen one ever. jim

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
It could have been Vaneco,My friend ask me to see if I could get any Info. I did not see either of the two bows!
                                 Thanks

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Is correct spelling Veneco?

Offline Gary Altstaetter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
The correct spelling is Veneko.  The company was at 124 Trenton St. Baltimore,MD. According to the catalog that I have the company started selling these bows in 1952. The special fiberglass used in these bows was called Kobah and was developed by Leo Veneko who was an engineer.  This catalog shows four models.  The Royal Huntsman was a 63 inch recurve.  The Consort was a longbow and was available in 62 & 64 inches. The Consort Sixty was a low priced 60 inch longbow for $29.50.
The Regent was their top model, and was a full working recurve in either 60 or 64 inche.  It sold for $54.00.  That was a tidy some of money for a bow in 1952. I don't know how long this company was in business.  I have a complete set of Archery magazine from 1944 through 1972 and only have seen 2 or 3 adds for these bows.  Hope that answers your question

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
Gary Thanks for the Information. $54.00 was alot of money back then,I have an Eddings bow that sold somewhere in that price range back then. I thought to myself Wow! some of these bows were quite a bit more expensive in their day, then the most prized ones everyone collects Today.
                                   Thanks Again

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Bought the VENEKO's, A Royal Huntsman, and a Regent. VENEKO TACKLE Co. Inc. Baltimore MD. They must have been afairly low production bow as the Ser#'s are 574,and 209,Huntsman 57 1/2#,Regent 45#.Both have the Kobah (fiberglass)solid full length, and 3 layers of wood for the handle.Both look like static recurve style,Huntsman 2 layers wood on tip,and 4 layers on outside were string goes thru. Kinda like 53 griz but not quite as thick.Regent has 2 layers of wood on tip and a groove thru the Kobah for the string. Both have leather grips, plus pat applied for stickers.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©