INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Need Info on Glen Parker Bows  (Read 378 times)

Offline geoarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Need Info on Glen Parker Bows
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Hi all,

In 2007, at an archery festival in my home state of Maryland, I picked up a 51 pound at 28 inch draw reflex deflex longbow made by Glen Parker for $275 (actually came to $200 since I traded in my featherweight recurve for it).  

It is my mainstay and favorite bow till this day.  

I know Glen Parker contributed to the Traditional Bowyer's Bible but other than that I can't seem to find much else about the man or his bows.  I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me more about Mr. Parker and his bows?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
MJ

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need Info on Glen Parker Bows
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
Hello MJ

No info on Mr. Parker but where are you in Md.

I'm about 20 miles NE of Baltimore.

Welcome to the site.
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline geoarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
Hi D.,

I'm about 7 miles south of you in NE Balto. county.  Always great to hear from a fellow Maryland traditional archer.  Let me know if you, or any of your archer buddies know anything about Parker bows.
MJ

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
I don't know about the bows, But they have a Glen Parker Memorial shoot down in texas, don't know if he is still alive or not, will call my brother tomorrow, he goes to the shoot every year, so i may have some thing tomorrow.    Harold  :campfire:    :archer2:

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
Glen was broadhead collector...I didn't know he made bowS!!! Would sure like to get my hands on one! We have big shoot each year..May 14-15 in Chester, Tx Had about 450 shooters last year.  Look up and drop BillD a PM. He knows than anyone about Glen.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline geoarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »
Thanks Rick and Harold for all the good info!  Yup Glen made some really nice bows in my humble opinion.  I found out from poking around online that the Gray Wolf recurve he made was particularly popular.  I have the Stalker longbow.

Went on  www.Texasbowhunter.com  and found out that he unfortunately passed away from cancer back in 1993.  See:  http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

It sounded like he was quite the toxophilite and participated in nearly every aspect of the sport.  I think its a shame though there is no tribute site or even an archive site showing some of his bows and broadheads.  I think it would be a great tribute to Glen to start something like that.  I know I'd like to see more of the bows he made.  The site may even be a good idea for people who knew him and like to reminisce.
MJ

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©