3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tell me about Wes Wallace bows  (Read 1003 times)

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
Tell me about Wes Wallace bows
« on: December 09, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
Looking at his recurve

Offline Basic Instinct

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tell me about Wes Wallace bows
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
I have shot several of them, They are really!!! nice.  Fast smooth as any out there. Everyone I have seen was a work of art.
Rejoice in the lord always, And again I say Rejoice.

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I've owned one of his recurves about 8 years and it is smooth, reliable, handsome and it also performs well.  Mine being older is pretty much like one of the original Bracks and I have no complaints whatsoever.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Precurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
One of the best shooting recurves made and a great guy to deal with.  Wes Wallace is one of the reasons this is the "golden age of archery".

Offline tallan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Footed Shaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Wes is one of the best guys to deal with in the industry. I recieved one of his Mentor recurves in a trade here on the site and after a month or so the glass in the limbs went bad(the top limb ALMOST turned backwards when i started to draw it!!). I called Wes and told him of the problem. He asked me to send it back and he would have a look at it. A week latter i get a call and he tells me that it was a set of limbs that were made of some bad glass and he would REPLACE the limbs for me at no $$$$. The bow was 5 years old when i got it but Wes stood behind the bow saying it wasn't my fault that the glass went bad. He ended getting the bow back to me in time for our bear hunt,total turn around time of 3 weeks. Like i said a heck of a good guy to deal with. Bill

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »
I sold his bows From 93-98 at Willow Creek Archery. Never had any problems, one of the best guys to deal with. stable, quite, hunting tool.

Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline BlackDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »
Owned several of his bows over the years, hunted with them for 10+ yrs. Like said, very stable, quiet, quick and easy to tune. Have never heard of any problems other than mentioned above. My brother still shoots his Mentor from the early 90s. I'd still be shooting one if I hadn't seen a Schafer bow I just had to have.

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
I hunted with his Partner take/down for over ten years. Wes delivered about a month earlier than indicated, in time for me to shoot a mule deer a few weeks later. Then I decided to get a pretty bow. It took 7 months and the Mentor came in the mail a day after Christmas. Very nice bows and a great guy. I have several Brackenbury that Wes worked on in the late 80's as well.
Hear is a pic of my Mentor. Bocote and cocobolo with moose accents on limb tips and riser.

Mike

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
Here is a 64 inch moose I took with the 64 inch Partner bow. Another thing about Wes, he has helped a lot of folks in his area and has set up several archery ranges. Good guy!

Mike

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
Mike, that's a beautiful bow and an awesome bull moose (great video too).  :thumbsup:  

I have a 60" takedown Mentor in bacote that is an incredible looker and shooter.  Wes is currently working on a 64" one-pc. Mentor for me that will be orange cocobolo and osage.  

They just don't get any nicer than Wes Wallace.  :notworthy:
Lon Scott

Offline Doc Blues

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 12:17:00 PM »
I ordered just my second Mentor, it will arrive in June 2008. I am very satisfied with the Bow`s of Wes.
Wes is a good guy, also to Germany the communication and the sale goes without problems.

Markus

Black Widow PCH X 58" 48@28
Wes Wallace Mentor/td 60" 46#@27
Longbow Stegmeyer 66" 48#@27
Bear Kodiak Magnum 1962 52" 50#@28
Selfbow Ash Flatbow, 70" 43#@27
Colt Hunt Master 1967, 52"  45#@28

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
Best Bows & Bowyer in my opinion.  Great product and even better guy.
Blessings,
Steve

Offline quackersnacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
He made a repair on my Brack last summer.  All the above a correct, great guy, very helpful, bows are beautiful, even morso in person.  For my first new bow someday he is at the top of my short list.
"Ain't nothin, never just right when ya wants ta do whatcha wants ta do. So ya best just go ahead and do it anyway" -Rancid Crabtree

Offline [email protected]

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
He is very well thought of in Oregon.

Great bowyer, great bows and customer service.

Bob
Beware of all enterprises that require a new suit.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
It's my understanding that Wes worked in Jim Brackenbury's shop when Jim was with us. Then broke out on his own. Maybe someone can verify or correct me on this. I love the looks of his bows.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »
I have owned and/or shot just about every high-dollar well-known recurve there is.  I now have two of the Mentor recurves, and will shoot nothing else anymore.  They are the best shooting recurves I've tried, look great, and Wes is fantastic to deal with.  If he says it will be ready in time for a hunt, you will have it.  Unlike some bows I've tried, they are extremely easy to tune, very forgiving of arrow choice.  I just don't see any other recurve being better, although what suits you is very personal.  Oh, yeah, you get lots of bow for your money, in terms of custom options.  Good luck, Paul.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
SNAG  You are correct. Wes did work with Jim Brackenbury. So it is easy for him as others have said that he repaired their Brackenbury bow. I beleive he refered to Jim as he names his top of the line bow "The Mentor". Selecting a bow is a personal thing. I like the way they look, they have more mass and there is more wood in them to admire than some of the other bows. With wide limbs,they are also very dependable, even after dropping them out of a tree, falling down a rock slide, or rolling around in your truck. Ha!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
Sounds like you have put them through the quality control test Herdbull...lol
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©