INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Wing Presentation Help  (Read 456 times)

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wing Presentation Help
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
Anyone know the exact year of this Wing outlaw Presentation? The ser.# is x-504 , 69" 35# @28". The Wing label reads 314 So 7th Houston 36 Texas. What a fine piece of artwork by Bob Lee! .. Thanks Mike

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Warberg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wing Presentation Help
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
Somebody will chime in with info your after. I love those style of Wing Bows. Smooth shooters. Thanks

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
1961/62
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
Thanks Kelly, someone else thought maybe 1961 also. I was told that the NFAA ruled this bow not legal for bare bow class because of the laminates on the face at the sight window being used for a sight. This is how it got it's name "Outlaw" and Wing changed the design because of that. Can anyone verify that story or add to the history? I find it very hard to dig up any Wing history. I found a few names from the early wing days and I am tracking them down....Thanks Again , Mike
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline RunninWild77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
wow thats a pretty bow
Great Northern Firball 65@28
63' Hoyt Pro Hunter 49@28
74' Bear Kodiak Magnum 45@28 (my wife claims its hers now lol)
71' Bear Grizzly 40@28
70s ? Shakespeare Necedah 50@28

"Fast is nice, but accuracy is everything"-Wyatt Earp

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »
Mike I believe thats a 1961 also and they are one hell of a nail driven machine.Those were some of the finest shooters ever built right there bd

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Thanks all....Yeah Doc looks like Sue is going to give this one a try   :archer2:  There goes another good bow  LOL.....Mike
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
That is correct and how this particular version of the Presentation became known as the "outlaw". Believe this is the same year that Wing swept(First place shooters were all shooting this bow) all the divisions at the NFAA Nationals.

What other type of info are you looking for about Wing History?
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
Here is an ad from 1962 that shows the Outlaw on the left. It came out of an Association Of Maryland Bowhunters, 11th Annual State Championship brochure.
I picked up one about 10 years ago X-371, 66", 50#

"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
What little I know about that bow has been pretty much overshadowed by Kelly's post.  He said all I know...and more.  I did not shoot competitively until 1967, but I have learned a lot about bows from other collectors over the years.

I missed an OUTLAW on e8ay several  years ago that was put up by a big collector.  I do have a Presentation, but a later model.

As Kelly stated, it was outlawed after the model had a stellar year on the competition line in both NAA and NFAA.  The laminations on the belly side of the window were said to be used as a sight by bare bow shooters.

Well, where there is a will there is a way.  Later, bare bow shooters developed walking the string which was also outlawed.  At least using a marked tab was outlawed they required that at least one finger had to be touchibg the nock.

That is a great colletible...in great shape.

And mighty purty to boot   :o )
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
I knew I came to the right place!   :clapper:  
Thanks everyone that was the info I was looking for. I want to tell you Doc is correct that thing is a nail driver! Smooth as baby oil on a ( well never mind) Now I can call Sue an outlaw at Denton Hill LOL...Thanks Again, Mike
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Oh yeah Mike Sue will love that one.You know what I really liked about shooting them they were not to heavy like micarta riserd target bows were.Yours or I mean Sue's new outlaw is one of the lighter weight model target bows from the day.
I saw a 55# outlaw for sale once and man I wanted that bow so bad but it was well out of my price ragne at the time bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©