INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear target bow  (Read 377 times)

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bear target bow
« on: June 26, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
I bought this bow, sight unseen, with the help of a friend in Missouri who told me about it. I don't know anything about this type of bow, but it was intriguing. It's marked 7F211, 66", 28#. There's a decal on the top limb with no name, just a symbol of some kind that my buddy couldn't describe very well, and the bottom limb has a 1953 patent decal. He promised to get pictures of the decals.

Can anyone enlighten me on what I've done?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline DAVE1275

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear target bow
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Nice bow, Looks like a 1967 Bear Tamerlane.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
Thanks, Dave.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
Dave is right.  I have one just like it.  It was my tournamnet bow in the late '60's

Yours looks to be in excelent shape.

It is hard to find them with the sight apperture in place.

Depending on what you paid for it, you done good.

Value is relative but I would put it somewhere around $300.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
Thank you, Jack. I'm looking forward to putting a few arrows through it. I haven't tried to shoot a recurve with sights since I taped a matchstick to my Pearson back in the 70's.

Offline chris amos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 03:20:00 AM »
Been trying to find one of those in my $ range for a year or so. Nice bow! My buddies nieghbor has one that's minty, doesn't shoot it and won't sell it, oh well.
Don't take life too seriously you'll never make it out alive. Van Wilder
67 Super Kodiak 45#

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
Chris, I'll keep you in mind. I have to play with it some first, though.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
Chris.  I have a 67. 68, & 69.  I don't shoot them either so I can identify with your friend.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
I'll have to shoot it a bit, just for the experience. Unfortunately I won't get my hands on it until September, when I'm going up to MO for the bow season opening. My buddy is holding it for me until then. I didn't want to risk shipping it.

In the meantime, I'll make up some 30" 40-45# arrows for it, and get Chad (LBR) to build me a string. A big plus in this whole deal is that my MO buddy, who has only shot compounds, picked up a hunting recurve for himself from the same fellow, and wants me to get him started with it. I'll be surprised if I can totally convert him, but it's a start.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©