INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bob Swinehart and Micro flights  (Read 583 times)

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Bob Swinehart and Micro flights
« on: June 27, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
I have a little "somthing" to do and need some help please.
I need information on the arrows that Bob Swinehart used. I have been told they are micro flights and had a black/orange or yellow fletch.
I have nothing to look at for this info.please let me know what you have for shaft material and feather color for Bob's arrows.
   Also I am looking for some No.10 or larger micro flights. I may have some smaller sizes to trade with, or cash. I will post some picks when I get my "somthing" finished. Thanks.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bob Swinehart and Micro flights
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
Chuck.. Bob used number 12 Micro flights... As for feather color.In most of the pics I have oseen where all black feathers ( High cuts) and black nocks.. But I'm sure like every archer of the time he used what ever he could get his hands on ( feathers).. When he was hunting in Africa most of his arrows had three white feathers... Also if you look on the cover of his book In Africa its shows red feathers... If you don't have his two books man you need to get them...

Cody
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
Thanks Cody, send me a pic if you can [email protected]  did you ever get the heavy microflights? I need some for my little project. I need some of the books also. You got any extra copies?
I have a new toy but I want to make the set before I post pics.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
Hey Chuck, hope you got enough info for your "project". Please post pics when your done.
owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
I think I am getting there Mike, Cody just sent me about every picture from Bob's book. I just need to get my shafts and get em done up.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
Chuck- I have some Micro-flight 12s you can have. I have a few 11s but I shoot those a bit and don't really want to part with them. Drop me a PM and we'll work it out. GY

Offline Archery_Collector

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 01:02:00 PM »
Ah yes, I remember micro-flights well. I still have several but none that large. At the oppisite end though I still have a set of zeros I used as a youth! Tiny!

They were the perfect "tough arrow" for a kid who regularly bounced them off everything but targets!  :)
Shooting recurves before recurves were cool

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
OK, I have an idea about the design of the arrows I want to craft. I have some #12's that I will try. They spine 95-100 I have a 57#@30 bow so I will load for bear and see what happens. Stay tuned. Still looking for some #10 and #11(maybe #9).
Thanks.
 Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©