3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: He's ALIVE!!!!  (Read 425 times)

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
He's ALIVE!!!!
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Went for a little country road ride this afternoon, and low and behold, saw a nice nontypical that I saw in the early bowseason!!! I am totally stoked that he made it thru the gunseason alive!!!!! I had this buck at 12 yd at this buck the week befo gunseason....I figured he'd surely come into the 10yd shooting lane, like the doe a few minutes before...NOPE, he turned and walked DIRECTLY away!!! I was in me ghillie suit, standin on da ground....awesome, up close, in yo face deerhuntin!!!!!

The extra mainbeam is on his right side, curves up over his head, when he's lookin right at the camera!

Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: He's ALIVE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
OHHHHH MAN!! You have his routine figured out yet? Go git'em!

We expect a full report(with pics)of course.

Good luck.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
So when ya want me to arrive for a hunt?  :bigsmyl:  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Robert Warnock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
That's a great picture!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by JBiorn:
OHHHHH MAN!! You have his routine figured out yet? Go git'em!

We expect a full report(with pics)of course.

Good luck.
I gots a Dr's appt in the am, hopefully he'll clear me to git after the bowhuntin in a day or two!!! This buck was in a group of 8 total, 2 small bucks mixed in too. Wish all this ice and sleet had been soft powder snow, for some stillhuntin...it's pretty crunchy, noisy out there!!!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
Nice looking deer and nice looking country.  Go get em.

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
Now that will get anyone excited for some late season hunting!! Good luck with that boy... and if you don't get a crack at him, imagine what he will look like next year!!

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 12:29:00 AM »

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
Good luck!
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 07:29:00 AM »
Brad, I am in the same boat but I think someone has shot my ten point. The last time I saw him was November 8th on a trail camera. He did the same thing last year and appeared with two days left in the season. With 6 days to go, I hope he is still out there.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »
that's very cool. I know what it feels like. Our shotgun season ended yesterday, and now we have 5 days of late bow left. I spent the whole season hunting this buck, and passed several chip shots on lesser bucks hoping for at least a glimpse of "HIM", but as of today I still haven't seen him. My Uncle however did see him 2 weeks ago, so there's still a chance.  :)

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Eric in FLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
As a former firefighter / paramedic I am uniquely qualified to render ALS* should you require such in the field. Please send address and time for your Dr. Appt and I will arrive with the truck packed and stands loaded.
Please provide your group medical number so I may apply for the $20 Copay to cover my expenses.

*In any other circumstance ALS is Advanced Life Support. In this group it is Advanced Longbow Shooting.

Offline countrygirl

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Charter Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 11:42:00 PM »
Nice buck fireman!
"Gator n 'Dilla Killah"

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Eric in FLA:
As a former firefighter / paramedic I am uniquely qualified to render ALS* should you require such in the field. Please send address and time for your Dr. Appt and I will arrive with the truck packed and stands loaded.
Please provide your group medical number so I may apply for the $20 Copay to cover my expenses.

*In any other circumstance ALS is Advanced Life Support. In this group it is Advanced Longbow Shooting.
As a former Firefighter, and having lived with other firefighters for over 13 yrs, I know what kind of ALS I'd git...a couple of stomps on da chest, eh!!!! Just kiddin...lol

I'll be back after him this next weekend!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©