INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kodiak hunter vs Kodiak vs magnum vs....  (Read 434 times)

Offline jediazul

• Trad Bowhunter
Kodiak hunter vs Kodiak vs magnum vs....
« on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
I just purchased a 67 Kodiak Hunter and am looking for info on it and am a bit confused as to the real differences between it and its many brothers? Also what you guys would consider "fair" and "collectable value"? I know these are all very subjective questions but i am aware of all the knowledgeable tradgangers and was hoping to get a bit of inside info from you all, thanks again from the South of Spain!

Offline Big Bird

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kodiak hunter vs Kodiak vs magnum vs....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »
they are all good bows.the 67 kodiak was first year,and the only kodiak hunter 58" 68 threw 77 were all 60".as for the kodiak mags they are 52"they are also good shooting bows,but with the mags better have good form,not as forgiving as the longer ones.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
Kodiaks and Super Kodiaks are the better shooters and most collectible along with the TDs,but I like all the old Bear bows.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
It is all personal  opinion.

Mine is that the Kodiaks from 60-64 are the best shooters, and probably the most collectible

I have never been a fan of the Super K's as shooters, although I do like the lines and looks of the 67.5 throught the '68 models.

As far as the kodiak hunters go, the 67 is the most collectible being it is the first year, and it was made with real wood as opposed to future wood like the ones in the '70's.  

I am not a fan of any Bears past 1969, but that;'s just me.

Main point of consideration is "how do "YOU" like it.  Is it a good fit for you.  If so, ya got a winner.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline jediazul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
Big Bird, Cacciatore, Papalapin, thank you!! I knew i would get some good insight from you guys, and its great to know that someone else will be searching for similar info and find this thread and bamm!! learning something new every day! Another question if its ok, by 1967 Bear company had alot of bows on the market already im guessing, I know it can be just a marketing ploy but what do you guys think was a solid reason to come out with the Bear Hunter at that point? is the design that different? Were they changing that much? was it a cheaper bow at the time? Or was it really the one they made to "Hunt" with?

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
I had five 67 Kodiak Hunters at one point. I noticed the earlier serial numbed bows had a higher wrist grip than the later numbered ones. Maybe a bit of a design change or perhaps just the person who happened to be shaping the handle on those particular bows.
Jack Shanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©