INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: kittridge bow hut?  (Read 583 times)

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
kittridge bow hut?
« on: August 09, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
i recieved a bunch of catalogs from kittridge bow hut that were not opened from the late 50s and early 60s....do these hold any collectible value
i like biscuits

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: kittridge bow hut?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
No. Package them up and send them to me! They are worth what someone will pay, but are a great source of sometimes lost information. If you are looking to get rid of them, I would be willing to give them a good home! CKruse  :bigsmyl:
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
I'll give 'em a good home and set up a college fund for 'em.

What years do you have and how much would you take for them.

Now I have a question.  You stated:

"I recieved a bunch of catalogs from kittridge bow hut that were not opened from the late 50s and early 60s"

My question is, Did you receive these "from" the Kitrige Bow Hut, or from someone that had them all thses years?
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
My guess Steve was born AKBH, and got them from someone else; what other neat stuff did they save? There could be some rare old bowhunter stuff there somewhere.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
I would give a copy a good home and lots of loving...put me on the list please...Mike
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
k here was the deal a friends father was a pioneer in archery in the 40s and 50s for introducing a ton of people to archery in the louisville ky.area.well his father passes and his son doesnt shoot and i recieved a bunch of these catalogs and newsletters from the louisville archery club from the fifties...i would love to trade some of them out..i can send someone pics if they wanna post them
i like biscuits

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
I still would like to know what years you have on the Bow Hut Catalogs, and how much you would take, or what you would  like to swap for them.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
1958 thru 1962 i think ill get them out and see for sure
i like biscuits

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
I definitely want the '62...dibs on it.  How much?

Offline ckruse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
If you sell them, I'd be interested in some of the others, specifically the '59, depending on what you were asking. Thanks, CKruse
"The lack of machinery puts you closer to the act- an act that is ethical, good, right, and correct."- CKruse

Offline Mike Shaw

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
I would like the 1960 ..If you are selling
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Actually, I want the latest that has the Jack Howard Gamemaster in it.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
one thought about old catalogs you will never ever find a better source of info on archery tackle I love em too bd

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
You're right Doc...But I want one to see if I can recreate that lustful feeling I used to get reading and drooling over them as  a teeneager.  Back then I would pass up a Playboy for a BowHut or Anderson catalog.

I got the addiction young when I couldn't afford anything.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
man I found a mid 1960's bow hut catalog for like 50 cents at a flee market once.I snatched that thing up so fast the pages almost caught fire ya gotta love em huh ? bd

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
you wanna send me your email addresses and ill send some pics havent found all of them yet but found some flyers and some other stuff so far i found 1961,62,61.got some 1956 kentucky archery newsletters that have a bunch of cool old advertising...lost my mother last night so youll have to give me some time to get these out.ill need to sell these or trade to help pay for some of the expensises.
i like biscuits

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
Steve

Sorry about your loss.  My condolences to your family.

No rush, but I would like to get one of the Bow Hut Catalogs.  Take your time

[email protected]

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
sending
i like biscuits

Offline ANYWINGCURVE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
steve im sorry to hear about your mother.my family&i send our condolences.     when you get time i would be interested in your 62 catalog. my email is:[email protected].     take care

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 11:39:00 AM »
With all the excitment about the old catalogs here I guess I will hold on to my Bow Hut wooden nickel. Fact is I think I will put it in a safer place to keep it clean.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©