3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String Recommendations ?  (Read 695 times)

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
String Recommendations ?
« on: January 29, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
I was shooting downstairs this morning and my string broke upon release. That will wake you up! So this is what I have. Jefferys Mity-mag 62", 60 1/2#'s at 28 ( draw 29 1/2"). I got the string in trade and it was B-50 not sure how many stands. It broke right at the top loop. I have another one just like it but now I'm somewhat concerned. Jefferys does not recommend fast-flight. Should I stick with B-50? How many strands? I try to keep my stings well waxed and I didnt notice any wear. The bow seems to be ok. I uesed my stringer to flex the limbs a few times and not cracks in the glass or any thing funky from what I can see. Please help with string choice.
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String Recommendations ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
Looks like B-50 for you. If you got the string in trade, it may have been old to begin with, or not strong enough for your 65# bow. I'd get a new string of B-50 Dacron with at least 15 strands, and get a spare while you're at it.

JMHO
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
Drummer--I had a new Longbow that started eating strings after about a weeks worth of shooting.I called my Bowyer and he told me to check the nocks for any rough places he may have missed.I never did find them by feel or sight,but I lightly sanded them and sealed them-no more problems.---------------Bone

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
I've been shooting this bow for a number of years now. I've had no problems in the past. Maybe it was a fluke.
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
Probally a fluke.  I use 14 strand B50 out of my 50# bows.  At your draw weight a 16 strand string would work.  Chad

Offline Archer 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 07:32:00 PM »
I use B-50 16 strand on all my bows, they are all in the 60# to 65# range, and have never had one break yet.
May Your Feet Always Make Happy Tracks.

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »
So I went downstairs and started counting stands. 12, I know what to do now.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©