INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Custom kodiak ?  (Read 412 times)

Offline term

• Trad Bowhunter
Custom kodiak ?
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »
Hey folks, I'm in need of some schoolin. I just sent a Custom Kodiak 60" B riser, to Bowdoc for a refinish job. I would like to put a bear quiver on the bow. The riser has a screw on the back side. I asume it is to hold the single spring arm models. I need some words of wisdom from some of you with the good and bad of both single and double spring arm models. Also any thoughts on the leather top quiver. Thank for any help   TERM
Still looking for something I might of forgot.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Custom kodiak ?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
Just my opinion

i don't like the spring arm quivers, single or double, because they end up marring the glass on the limbs wherever the rubber on the spring arms come in contact with the glass.  Especially consider this if you are spending money to have BowDoc do his normally outstanding refinish.

Depending on how the frams sits on the riser, it tends to get in the way of my fingers.

I don't find that they have a real solid mount.  The arms slip around.

For display purposes I guess they may be ok, but not to hunt with or shoot 3-D

A leather top quiver is not priod correct for that riser.

Others may have different opinions.

Just my thoughts
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
I've used just about every type bow quiver known to man and some I've even made myself.I do like a bow quiver better then any other quiver.For me I drill all my bows to take a Bear Archery type bushing down near the grip.I use a Bear 4 arrow leather cap but really any of them are OK with me.I always us one that mounts to the lower bushing on the side of the riser or with adapater in the stabilizer bushing hole.Then I add an upper spring arm which helps keep the quiver from rattling loss and then zip tie the upper spring arm tight just below your fade out.No rattle works great and Jacks right they will over time rub the finish off your limbs bd

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
I can see why you indorse the spring arm quivers.

Drummin' up limb refinishing business  :laughing:    :laughing:
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
i had Bowdoc refinish 2 1970's  A risers. I also use a bow quiver and had Don put another bushing in the top of the riser to use "modern" 2 piece screw in bow quivers. Don does an outstanding job, which is not enough praise.

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
i had Bowdoc refinish 2 1970's  A risers. I also use a bow quiver and had Don put another bushing in the top of the riser to use "modern" 2 piece screw in bow quivers. Don does an outstanding job, which is not enough praise.

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
I use the eight arrow model on my takedowns and I haven't found anything I like better. I do make sure everything is tight and I use the shorter upper arm on my B risers. I also make sure the scuff pad on the bracket is in good shape and I replace them from time to time. I like the balance of the single spring arm, which is probably why I haven't used some of the newer designs. I use the dbl. spring arm quivers on my one piece bows- either four or eight arrow. I believe every bow on my rack has a quiver mounted that I only remove for travel. I'll check. I'd have to add that I use the fire out of my bows and expect and occasional sign of use- I don't collect.  GY

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
she's here now and we'll get a few pics up asap bd

Offline stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
I only use the spring arm quivers. I take my quiver off when on stand. One of the few types of quivers you can do that, without unstringing the bow, or drilling holes in the side.

Offline term

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
UP
Still looking for something I might of forgot.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

I am with my friend Grant on this.No problems for the finish,just a little of moleskin.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline gaitero

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 01:59:00 PM »
I really like the double spring arm but, for hunting, I tape tape the arms or use some rubber bands and quiver don't move. I like the prefer the way arrows are positionned on the double spring arms. I modified my great northern quiver to have the same positionning. I'll try to put a picture.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©