INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Looking for information on a bow I have.  (Read 326 times)

Offline WBarks

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking for information on a bow I have.
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Here are some photos of a bow that I got from my Dad. It was his and he killed a deer with it when he was 14 or so, that would have been around 1951. he said he traded a single shot .22 short rifle to a guy for it.

I used to shoot it when I was in high school. I am not sure if it is still safe to shoot. I need to wrap the grip again.

I am not interested in selling the bow. But I am curious if these bows are collectable and what it may be worth.

Thanks
Will

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for information on a bow I have.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
Nice looking old bow there.I dont know the value but it looks like an osage longbow with what looks to be raw-hide backing(hard to tell in pics)Lou Stemmler was the largest archery manufacture in the USA at one point in time.1930s????Fred Kibbe being the second largest.The bow looks to be from the late 30s to 1940s.Just a guess.Looks like someone took a pretty good gouge out of the handle of the bow.to bad.If I could suggest a value on that bow & it belonged to my father It would be priceless.

Offline WBarks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for information on a bow I have.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:18:00 AM »
It is Osage and rawhide, and you are correct it is priceless. I was able to google search on L.E Stemmler. All I found was a book on archery shooting.
Thanks
Will

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©