INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: "MY" Bear A Mag  (Read 362 times)

Offline inrut

• Trad Bowhunter
"MY" Bear A Mag
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:10:00 PM »
Here are a few pictures and details of "MY" Bear A Mag T/D. I wanted a 58" T/D so I built my own #2 limbs. The limbs pictured are #58 at my 26" draw. I wanted to put my personal touch on this project so I designed my own limb logo "borrowing" from the Bear design. I contacted Al and got them printed. I wasn't happy with where the factory Bear quiver sat on the bow so I used parts from three Bear quivers to make my own. I used the long four arrow quiver that was popular on compounds. I shortened it 2 1/4". I made new brackets to attached the hood and tack welded them to the wire frame. I used the bottom section from a small four arrow quiver. I them used a short spring arm from a Bear eight arrow quiver. I had to re-bend and shortened the section of the spring arm where it mounted to the quiver frame. I also had to remove and remount the small brackets that are used to attach the spring arm to the frame. The bow is FAST and QUIET! I really enjoyed designing and building all the tooling and fixtures to complete this project. I will be hunting with this one this deer season. I already have a "new" project in mind. It may be next spring before I get to it, but it will be worth the wait. Stay tuned! Thanks for looking.

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "MY" Bear A Mag
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Monte,
  Very Cool! I can't wait to see your next project!!!

Nick

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
:thumbsup:  looks great.

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
Have you thought of taking orders for a set of limbs?

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
You did a good job!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©