INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Info on old archery pic.  (Read 338 times)

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
Info on old archery pic.
« on: August 23, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Picked this picture up in Detroit Mi.Looks to be-1930s or 1940s era--- stamped on the back is Complements of FORD Motor Co.There are 26 archers with vintage archery equipment standing in front of an audiance of people in the back ground.Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the picture.thanks

Offline Archery_Collector

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Info on old archery pic.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
I know years ago one of the big archery events was COBO Hall in Detroit, may be that though it looks too early maybe.

edit. googled cobo hall, didnt open till 1960 so not it. Bear Archery was in Detroit till 1947 and worked with Ford some.
Shooting recurves before recurves were cool

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
From what I've heard Ford Motor Co. Had a shooting Team back in the Day. I'm quite sure that they even had Patches for the club, as I remember seeing them somewere this Summer.From what I understand in the Day Detroit Archers, and the Flint Bowmen were also around. As far as I've heard, The question still is Who was the Earliest of the Two clubs in Michigan.
Use it Up,Wear it out,Make it do,Or do WITHOUT

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
Rick-There was an archery club known as the Ford Archers,I have several medals from their club.I taked to an old timer years ago who was a member,he sent me a picture of himself,his father,and some other members constructing a bridge at their field course.Cool picture.

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »
Great,I was told by someone in Detroit that the Ford Co. had an archery club at some point in time.It would be interesting to ID some of the archers in the picture.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©