INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Need help with these bows  (Read 420 times)

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
Need help with these bows
« on: August 28, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
Finding these bows actually,I'm trying to put together a West Virginia collection the source I have has 4 bows that were made in WV at one time or another,I've been told there were two others so that's 6 total (not counting Zipper) I have examples of a Brahma and A Pocahontas the others are Cross (Skunk Whisperer has the one example I've seen),Steiner which I have an old magazine ad for with an address that is now a dead end,Hiawatha,and Hickman,these last two companies are by word of mouth only and I can't presently confirm either one any knowledge on them would be greatly appreciated I'm looking for examples only, limb twist,dexterity, poundage,and shoot-ability are all unimportant,they only have to be identifiable THANKS in advance for any help, please let me know if you have any of these bows and would be willing to let them go.Open to trades or shipping insured sales.
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need help with these bows
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
ttt

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
Josh

Do you have any pics of any of these bows.  That might jog some memories and stir some interest
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
The steiners,just magazine ads in black&white the post on this forum by skunk whisperer has pictures of his "cross custom" (what kind of bow have I got here post) which is very similar to the Brahma bow that I have,I'd say the makers of these two bows either influenced each-other or it was the same bowyer, don't know a lot of history on any of the bows and like I said can't even confirm that two of the companies existed or were in WV for that matter so I'm taking a shot in the dark at the best source of knowledge and information that I know of.THANKS for the reply if anyone thinks it will help I'll get my wife to post pictures of the magazine ads on here tomorrow or Tuesday,Take care all.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©