INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bear shelf cut history ?  (Read 382 times)

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear shelf cut history ?
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »
I'm wondering when Bear started cutting their shelves  past center  instead of just to center. Specifically a late 60's/early 70's Kodiak Magnum if that matters.

Thanks,
fz

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear shelf cut history ?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
The new Bear K Mags are cut past center-don't know when that started. Your bow is cut to center if it is late 60's early 70's.
You got a couple of pics of that bow?

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
Thanks Bjorn. I don't own the bow yet. I own a pristine Kodiak Hunter from that era that I bought from a member here on the classifieds. It is green with a blue/purple stripe. Someone local has a K-Mag from that era for sale that I am thinking of picking up depending on if it matches the sellers description when I go look at it.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
Shoot it before you buy it.  Make sure you can handle the finger pinch.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
Thats great advice PAPALAPIN..... the good thing is I'm draw length challenged   :wavey:   only 25.5" so I hoping I'm good with the 52" length.

Offline Mike/Columbia Basin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »
I understand the "draw length challenged" part. I like my short Kodiak mag bows just for that reason. In some of the old catologes the mags are discribed as cut past center while the same year Kodiaks are discribed as cut to center.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
wow may be a good time for us to go through the old catalogs and see what they say ?
I would like to add if you like the bow you can make them center shot pretty easy.Here's two of mine that are both center shooters bd  

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©