INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Wing Slim Line Competition II Hunter bow (60#)  (Read 545 times)

Offline greensngravy

• Trad Bowhunter
Wing Slim Line Competition II Hunter bow (60#)
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Looking for pictures of this bow, and any info you experts out there could provide...like how does it shoot, is it a rare bird??

Thanks,

GNG

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wing Slim Line Competition II Hunter bow (60#)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
I had a Red Wing Slim Line in the early '70's.  I was not impressed with it being used to an original Red Wing Hunter, and a Bear Super Kodiak.

I have never had or seen the bow you refer too.

For some reason I don't see the link to your pictures
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline greensngravy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
Let's try this again...here is the picasa link to my Wing Slim Line Competition II Hunter TD (dagg, that's a long name!).  I just refinished her after removing all the nasty camo paint!  

http://picasaweb.google.com/greensngravy/WingSlimLineCompetitionIIHunter55#

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:17:00 AM »
I picked up a couple of these back in the 90s. Both were 53# or more, and all I remember is both shot extremely well.  Let them go because metal riser bows never seemed to stay with me.  Killed my first buck with a one pc slim line back in the very early 70s, but when I later found the twin to that bow....it didn't shoot nearly as well as I thought back then!!!   Yours looks like a beauty.  I'd be interested in finding another hunting weight Competition II again.
Tom

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »
I have one with a white metal handle and two sets of limbs, this would be the target version of the same bow. It shoots great.

Offline DLM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
Nice Wing T/D. Was just shooting 1. I have a question about Wing's with the small limb tips: who sells stringers that work on the little tips ? Need 1 for Wings, Hoyt target bows, older Bear's, etc. that don't have big limb tips. Most stringers I see at vendor's stands don't have the little pockets. Like to shoot the older bows sometimes but I need somthing that makes stringing them less challenging. Not a fan of those with the rubber block.

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
If the leather cup is to big on the stringer I usually stuff in a small piece of cotten or even TP. I have several bows with small narrow limb tips and this works fine for me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©