INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: United States Archery Co  (Read 453 times)

Offline Steven Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
United States Archery Co
« on: October 31, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
I am looking for information regarding recurve bows made by this company, especially a "Texan" model, probably made in the late 50's or early 60's.  The bow belonged to my wife's uncle, and has not been strung since the early 70's.  The bow seems to be in very good condition, no checking in the finish and the labeling is intact, indicating little actual use.

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: United States Archery Co
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
USAC or United States Archery Company was in Danburry Conn I believe. Had quite a few models in the sixties. Don't know whatever happened to the company. I have quite a few of their bows. In 1963 they had 5 models. The Californian, The New Yorker, The Pennsylvannian, The Texan, and the All American. The Texan was 62" length, any weight up to 65 pounds with a 30" draw limit and could be ordered for $32.50. They were advertised as twist proof limbs. From my personal experience with the ones that I own, they are nice looking and quality pieces of work. And they shoot quite nice as well. Hope this helps. All of mine have high end woodwork and a pea green glass color.

Offline Steven Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: United States Archery Co
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
Thanks for the information, it's just what I was looking for.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©