INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Arrow ID/plus Bubblehead  (Read 341 times)

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow ID/plus Bubblehead
« on: November 24, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
1. Picked up an arrow today. It says (GOT MY "WACA" IN 71, BEAR AMERICAN INDOOR, ARCHERY CHAMPIONSHIP)
What does WACA stand for? arrow is baby blue,six large feathers, and 31" with long aluminum tip with threads deep inside. 2. Also have a serrated(or scored 5 places x 4 edges) BUBBLEHEAD,but one side has a rounded ferrule end and the other looks like a flat ferrule end.Marks on cutting edges are equally spaced. Arrow has a name, address, and is from Milford, Mi. Any info one the two above items would be helpful.
                                       Thanks
                                       Greg
Use it Up,Wear it out,Make it do,Or do WITHOUT

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow ID/plus Bubblehead
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
got any pic's

doug77

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Well here goes first attemp at Pic's! Hope they come thru, only thing, order of Pic's ??? hehttp://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af151/gmctaggart/BOWS/re

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
The Bear Razorhead is a 1956 , the flat side was done by shooting and/or file sharpening. The blade edge notches were done by the owner.
The metal tip on the WACA is an adapter from a wood taper to a screw-in converta point.
The two wood blunt tips heads below are POM-POM arrows, an aerial shooting sport from Denmark (I think?)
 Dibs on the broadhead below the wood blunts ....please.

Offline Bucks100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »
Thanks Ron!

The 2 POM-POM arrows came from my old buddies(83) Dad. Did they use these like in the Old Field archery events? As He always talked about going to these at the Saginaw Bowmen (Mi). They also gave me their NEET OLD felt patch. The blade edge notches on the Bubblehead must have been put in with a machine,as they are uniform all around!

Greg

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©