INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: vintage bow question  (Read 382 times)

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
vintage bow question
« on: November 27, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »
I started collecting the old brownings just for fun after picking up a real nice wasp.  Im now starting to get the itch to take some of these puppies out hunting...How important is it to leave the orignal rug rests and side plates for collectors sake down the road.  I was thinking of putting a feather rest on a couple , but didnt want to devalue these bows..thanks.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: vintage bow question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 08:08:00 PM »
When ever possible I try to save the original rest and side plates. If you want to change them just use care taking the old ones off. I have reattached them again by using a piece of thin double face tape with good results.
Jack Shanks

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
I agree totally with Jack.

I like my collectible bows to have original rugs and strikeplates, but sometimes that isn't possible. I would say my bows are 50/50 original to replaced.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »
thanks Jack!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »
Steve,

Michaels carries a thin double face tape that comes on a sheet that works really well. I can't find mine at the moment or I would give you the brand.

Good luck with your Browning collection.
Jack Shanks

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Steve, I have always thought Browning made very good looking bows. In the 70's I almost bought a Nomad stalker and to this day I wish I had. There's still time! Good luck with your collection.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©