INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 1957 Kodiak Reproductions?  (Read 399 times)

Offline Precurve

• Trad Bowhunter
1957 Kodiak Reproductions?
« on: December 26, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »
Who makes the best shooting and most authentic reproductions of the 1957 Bear Kodiak in a 64" length?  I had an Ancient Spirits that was my favorite modern bow, but it broke and A.S. is now out of business.  The real thing seems pretty elusive as you rarely see them up for sale anywhere.

Dave

Offline NancyVTAS

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1957 Kodiak Reproductions?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
I will try to remember the name of a boyer in Florida, I say his I believe on Tradgang a few months ago. I will pry my brain!!

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
I have a couple of '57 reproductions by the late Val Sorrentino.  Both are 60", and both are wonderful bows.  What a talent that man had.  It's a shame he didn't put out more bows.
Tom

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
Well, I clicked to send before the final thought.  The health issues Val faced and his early death were the real tragedies.  He didn't turn out a whole lot of bows, but the ones he did were very good.  Al Reader said it about his Bear reproductions, too...  Val was better at making a Bear bow than Bear was.  Val called it the "Bear Flair".
Tom

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
I have some vine maple self bows from Val and my prize is Vals little delta longbow that is great. I never knew about the 57 bow i would sure like to at least see one if not have one. I hear he was an unreal talented shooter. Jim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©