INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Looking for Info on a Few Old Arrows  (Read 437 times)

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking for Info on a Few Old Arrows
« on: January 28, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
Most of these were giving to me by a gentleman who has long since passed away. I'm thinking they are from the 60's but just don't know much about them. Obviously the two on the left are Bear and the third has what appears to be a Bear Razorhead but black instead of the usual green. Perhaps some of the arrow or broadhead collector's would be willing to enlighten me as to a bit of the history.        

Offline alex b

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking for Info on a Few Old Arrows
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Well, I dont know anything about the broadheads or the arrows but, It appears as though somebody dipped the entire front of the arrow in black while the broadhead was attached.

alex

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
Well Alex you may be onto to something there but it certainly looks factory done. Be interesting to see what others have to say. Probably need to get my glasses and take a closer look.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:57:00 AM »
Those certainly are 60's arrows, and the first 3 are Bear heads as you knew, followed by a 4x4 Barbed Pearson, Arrowmate, a 4x4 Sloped Shoulder Pearson, Hilbre 2 blade with plastic ferrule and a small 3 blade Hilbre.
How the black one got black is anybodys guess, Alex may be right.

Offline Steve95

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
I like to have 4 or 5 all the same, practice and the best ones for the quiver. That just looks like a bunch of odds and ends. Not the best for hunting! I always liked the BEAR arrows! To bad when they stopped making them (early 70's). I heard that it was that they couldn't make any money. I had 4 really nice Bear's on a SK in a leather top this past season. I didn't get anything but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Bjorn
Alex hit the nail on the head. Looks like this ole guy spray painted, refiled, slipped in the insert and placed it back on the shaft. A little sharp knife work reveals the green underneath. Good info, Thanks Guys!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©