INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: correct quiver for 54 kodiak II  (Read 325 times)

Offline huntnfool62

• Trad Bowhunter
correct quiver for 54 kodiak II
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
Just picked up a 60" kodiak II and was wondering what is the correct quiver to go with that bow . I was thinking it would be a leather top with the single bolt hole on the bottom , but would like either confirmation or info on the correct one . If it is the single bolt model I'm a bit afraid to put a bushing in that model bow , Any suggestions or arguments either way  ????  :dunno:  
Thanks
Dean

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: correct quiver for 54 kodiak II
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
I believe the only bow mounted quiver shown in the catalog that year is the all leather screw-on model.

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: correct quiver for 54 kodiak II
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
I love shooting the KII and have hunted with one as well.   It's beautiful, smooth shooting bow. Correct quiver or not, I'd not be able to drill or mount a bushing on that bow. I've refinished or repaired a couple of old bows that had them-and those steel nipples that are supposed to prevent the quiver from spinning are just so damaging to a bow.  One bow had apparently had the quiver spin on it(when loosely connected?), and there was a circular furrow almost 1/8" deep that had to be removed, along with repairing the hole where the bushing was.  Was a Drake bow and came out looking pretty good. After that, I'd never do that to a bow myself!  Have used those quivers on bows that came with the bushing already mounted and they work ok.  But, if I were you, I'd obtain a Bear back quiver from the same era and use that!
Tom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©