INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 59 kodiaks  (Read 524 times)

Offline copicasso

• Trad Bowhunter
59 kodiaks
« on: March 24, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
I have seen a couple  of 59 kodiaks listed for under $500. Are they not worth it or has the price dropped that much.
Thank,
Todd

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 59 kodiaks
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
I'm thinking it's more a lack of expendable funds for most of us.. I know it is at my house..
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
yeah javi you nailed it.I'am out of expendable funds myself...I been selling not buying right now.Even though prices are better to be buying(if you got dough)then selling.But dang it I need to dough right now for materials to use in my shop to make some more dough.......go figure huh ? bd

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by the real bowdoc:
yeah javi you nailed it.I'am out of expendable funds myself...I been selling not buying right now.Even though prices are better to be buying(if you got dough)then selling.But dang it I need to dough right now for materials to use in my shop to make some more dough.......go figure huh ? bd
Just think about what it would be like though if you were trying to sell a bunch of new stuff that you had paid full retail for.

At least we have some old stuff that we can actually make money on, even in the current economy.

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
I'd buy a clean 64" 45lb '59 Kodiak in a heartbeat if I had the money ... that was the first brand new bow I ever owned.. and I stupidly sold it years later for a few bucks that just barely filled my gas tank (29.9 cents a gallon) but I needed the gas more than the bow at the time..
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline Chuck_Delsandro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Wish I could find a clean one in the 60lb range for $500.
" It's not the breath you take, it's the moments that take your breath away"

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
I know a dealer whom is setting on like a 100,000 bucks worth of inventory he can't move.Pounder stuff not traditional and I'am thinking its soon to be outdated pounder stuff bd

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Such hard times everywhere.
Add raising kids today.....
Everyone tightening their belts.....
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Chuck_Delsandro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »

Offline Chuck_Delsandro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
Uh guys we may have to get some help for Chuck. He seems to be having a "Ground Hog Day" experience.

And one thing to remember is that the 800 I paid for my 59 was at one time the same as 500 of your greenbacks (which I notice are no longer green). I once ordered some archery stuff from Lancaster back in those days and with shipping, brokerage fees and the exchange rate it would have been triple the US retail. I sent it back.

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Chuck_Delsandro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
Chuck needs some help  :help:

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
59K prices seem to be all over the map lately.  No rhyme nor reason as to what they will bring on the big auction site or anywhere else for that matter.  The wild variances in vintage bow selling prices lately on the big auction are probably due to tax refund availability or folks recovering from cabin fever.

59K and 60K prices are still dependent on what any particular person is willing to pay for a particular bow.  Lower poundage 59s in good shape will bring somewhat lower prices or not sell at all compared to a higher poundage 59K that needs extensive work that sells for serious coin.  It doesn't make any sense to me, but the market will always be a bit fickle.

All I know is that there has been some serious cash paid for vintage bows lately.......while there are nice bows available that don't bring squat or don't sell at all.

You never know what will happen in the vintage bow market......even in this economy.  The "collectors" among us are a fickle group....but every now and then, a bow screams at us and we end up dusting off that cookie jar to raid the stash.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline copicasso

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Well I went ahead and bought a 59 kodiak that was listed on stick***. It was 60" and 48#. I think I got a good deal. I will try to get pics up when I get the bow.
Thanks,
Todd

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
I would like to mention this about 1959 Kodiaks.I never been sorry I bought any of the one's I've owned.Gee's I know I paid double even triple the value of any good used bow for a 59 or 2 myself.But I loved em,I loved em all I had some that shot better then others but never had any that shot bad.I've owned about 14 different 1959 Kodiaks over the years and the only one thats still lives at bowdoc manor would be my personal custom shelf 64" 51# nail driven machine.I kind of like the 64" model which has slower arrow speed(way slower arrow speed)then the 60".But I really don't care about arrow speed at all personaly.I care about shot placement and shot placement only.The longer limbs on the 64" model just shoots better for me and my style of shooting.But as mentioned I did love em all and I still love em all.I even love the one I have that has no limbs.Sure its a little handycap for a 1959 K to have no limbs but I love that one just the same as the others bd

Offline Chuck_Delsandro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
Have I mentioned I would love to have one:)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©