3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Brent at Black Mtn Bows. . .Let's cheer him up  (Read 612 times)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Brent at Black Mtn Bows. . .Let's cheer him up
« on: December 11, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
Well some of you know that Brent is a friend of ours so I guess I can get away with this.

You see ol' Brent had a run in with gravity and ice yesterday and busted his elbow.  So he is pretty laid up for a month or so.

I think now would be a great time to invite him to join you on a late season hunt.  (being that he can't go because of the arm)  But just think, he could be invited to hunt a bunch of critters and never get to leave Montana.  LOL

He already had to cancel attending our Javie hunt with Mickey and family.

So let the invites come and lets see if we can cheer him up.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Brent at Black Mtn Bows. . .Let's cheer him up
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
Brent, I do the Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt the 3rd. weekend in Feb. You are more than welcome to come! Since ya won't be ablle to shoot we can use ya as a beagle!  :bigsmyl:  You can have fun and push Briarback Mountain with about 50 of your Tradgang friends!! We would love to have ya and ya could bring one of them sweet bows for our raffle that raises money for the St. Judes Childrens Hospital!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Seriously hope ya feel better and really you are welcome to come to the hunt!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Brent,

Come on down to MO, we can hunt around my house or I will take you on a canoe trip down the Eleven Point into the Irish Wilderness. Oh yeah and could you bring me a Sheepeater Spirit down to try out? 59#@28" Osage and whatever you think would look good! Can't wait to see ya!

Hope you get better soon and the invitation is a floating one. Turkey season is right around the corner so come on down.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
That's just evil Mike!  Pure evil!
  :biglaugh:  

Heal quick Brent!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
Snow on the ground and the lions are moving Brent....better get down here for some

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
According to his misses he is out like a light. His boys offered to send him a wheelchair for Christmas but learned that wasn't a good idea.    :goldtooth:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
Hi Brent, so sad to hear you can't bend you arm,    :help:   Guess you need to use a STRAW   :coffee:   .

Get well
Pete
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
Get well soon, and Hunting camp is always open to You Dude...

Offline Wulomac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »
With friends like Mike...you are a lucky dude!  God speed your healing!!!   Wells
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.  GEN-21:20

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
He canceled his hunt in Texas? Didn't know anything about it.   :confused:    Howz about we simply transfer his deposit to dates that will work for him later in the year? Summer months are much better hunting for hogs anyway.   :D    Come down anytime Brent! Just bring some shoes that have some traction. Can't stand the thought of you wallerin around on the ground.  :bigsmyl:   CK

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Dang Brent,
You gotta be more carefull,in your older yrs.HEHE
Get healed up bud,n dont push it.Letter heal.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »
Well guys, I wish I could have come up with a better story, a griz attack, fighting off saber-toothed gophers, taking on six big guys outside a bar to defend my bride's honor.........I busted my butt! And a few other parts. What did I learn? 1) I don't bounce as well as I used to, 2) it don't matter how soft the snow is, the ice and concrete under it is what you actually feel, 3) you get a lot of hunting invitations at the wrong time, 4) I got a lot of good friends.

Thanks for the kind words. My wife trying to be positive says, "At least it is your right arm so you can still function being left handed and all." I look at her and say, "Dude, that is my bow arm!" Married for 24 years and she still don't understand. So, I am looking at this as an opportunity to talk to the doc about getting my right arm set in a locked-in position so the elbow won't move. I can see this increasing my group accuracy in a huge way.  

Curtis, I would really appreciate another opportunity to come down. Mighty nice of you.

Pete, the straw melts when fresh brewed joe gets sucked up in it leaving a bit of a burn on the upper lip.........yeah I already tried.

Traxx, might need to come to the high desert to heal up with my "ol" buddies out there.

Shawn, I would like to come flush bunnies for ya'll, but the doc says I aint supposed to walk on my right arm for a while.

V'ster, Mom said you called while I was in the middle of getting measured for a wheelchair.

Walt, if you call me and invite me to go with you and Lenny on a cat hunt right now, come spring, I swear I will hunt you down and blunt you in the back of the head. Then I will go spend the rest of the season with JBiorn.

Wingnut, I have a lot of time to sit here and think............I'm coming after you next!   :D  

Thanks again guys for the good words. 'Preciate the kind words. Pretty funny stuff but it hurts when I     :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
I just thank the Lord you had your "Medic Alert" call button on when you fell Brent!    :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »
Oh, and I guess I better return the "Clapper" I got you for the shop for Christmas next time I'm out.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »
Bummer, bummer, bummer!

This sounds very... inconvenient(?!?!), Brent.  So sorry to hear the news, and I'm praying that you'll make it through this one day at a time.

Since it loooks like you may be sitting around for a day or two... I'm sending you a book.  It is "Finding Wounded Deer" by Trout, and I hope hope it will help redeeem a few of the minutes you have to spend.

Best wishes, Buddy!

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
Well, I remember when I was talking to Brent about ordering a bow...telling him I didn't want a real heavy draw, cause I wasn't more than 150lbs soakin' wet...he gave me that chuckle of his and told me he didn't have that problem...and I could always fill my pockets with rocks....now I'm thinkin' if he was closer to my weight he might of bounced back..lol

seriously, hope you have a full recovery, and if you want to do some squirrel huntin' the doors always open.

larry

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
Heal Well! Speedy recovery!

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »
At least it wasn't a hip.   :help:  Must have a few good years left in ya!!
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Dang...and I've got a Sheepeater ordered.  Do I gotta fly out there and patch ya back up, Brent?  We work cheaper than them real docs...

Take it easy; get well

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
Hey, maybe you need me to keep your huntin' bow good and limbered up for you?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©