INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Jack Howard Supreme Target bow  (Read 1613 times)

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Jack Howard Supreme Target bow
« on: April 20, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
My Holy Grail. Anyone out there have one, or seen one?  I've had thousands of bows from 60's and 70's through my hands but have never even seen anything but pictures......
David M. Conroy

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jack Howard Supreme Target bow
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
David M. Conroy

Offline Tom Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
    • BISON GEAR PACKS
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
VERY COOL !!!
BISON GEAR PACKS
https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=bison%20gear%20packs

TGMM Family of the Bow * PBS * P&Y
 * Massachusetts Bowhunters * NRA
 * Compton Traditional Bowhunters *
 * N.A.H.C. * N.Y.Bowhunters *
  * N.J.Bowhunters *

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 06:30:00 PM »
I was told by Kelly that a certain Jack Howard collector had one, but when I checked with him he said he had never seen one.

You and I share an interest in this particular "Holy Graille"  it is also mine

I do have one of the post cards that jack had made up showing it from five views.  Send my your email and I will send a copy
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Thanks Jack, but I have one. I wonder how many he made?
David M. Conroy

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
I had several conversations with Jack about them, but I don't know how many were made.  If you look at them, they are just an old style Gamemaster with extra rosewood on the front and back of the riser, and a sight mounting plate added on the front.  He just made a target weight Gamemaster with red plastic instead of black and dressed it up a bit.  It was the same 66" as the Gamemaster.  

I don't think he made too many of them.  There were only about 50 of the Jack Howard Hunters put out and you see them pop upo every once in a while, so there must of only been about 10 or less of the Target Supreme.

With all the people checking in on this board, you would think that someone would come up with something here...but nothing.  

It's kind of like bigfoot.  Does it really exist.  The only eveidence I have ever seen was the post card, although Rich stated above that he has seen one.  Rich may be like the guys that have had real bigfoot sightings. or an alien abduction, and no one believes them because they don't have actual proof.  Like Bigfoot, one day actual proof, or an actual bow, will hopefully surface.

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
I think very few were ever made--- as a collector of Jack's bows--- I have never seen on-
if you have one please post---  I tried to get him to make one - but he refused--- other than the fancy wood and shield --- they were the old Gamemaster--- I am assuming were made in light weights--- I don't know of any bows made in the 30 pound range-- I have one 40# ( lefty ) and one 42# it was the last bow (I think) made by Jack-- his wife wrote on the bow-- for rob tiberio  Jack's last Bow--- 1924--2005 just a bit of archery history---

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
I would be more then happy to add those fancy overlays to anyones Gamemaster bow for them bd

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
I have one here somewhere, I have to dig it out.....
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
That's a joke ofcourse.
I never had the pleasure of seeing or holding one.......Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
Has anyone heard anything about the sale of rights to build Jack Howard bows?  I was told some time back that Mrs Howard had the business and all equipment for sale.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
yeah like for 90,000.00 bucks wow thats out of the bowdocs range

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
Actually, Jack had a sale for about $60,000 before he died, but it never went through.  As far as I know, The shop, all equipment, materials, and supplies are still available.

After Jack left us,Ms Dorothy had an offer but it was for only $15,000.   I tried to explain to her that if some one far away from Nevada City bought the company, they would go through some big expenses dismantling, moving, and resetting up.  Although that cost is not money in her pocket, it certainly is a cost that a buyer would have to factor in.  

With so much time having passed, she may be open to a lower offer than she would have originally considered.

I also know that she really did not want to sell the brand name in fear that if someone made a faulty bow with Jacks name on it, it would fall back on her.  I tried to explain how it would not, but she stood her ground.  She may have a different attitude now.

I hope someone does step up an buy her out.

Offline 4406v

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
I remember seeing the ad when Jack was still alive.He offered the buisness and hands on training for $75,000. It's a shame someone didn't step up then and take the deal.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 04:25:00 PM »
JUST HAD ONE DROP INTO MY LAP

I was notified by a guy in Montreal that he has a Jack Howard Supreme Target Bow that has been in the case since the early '70's.  We spoke and traded emails for a couple of days with the end result being that I now own it.  He is shipping UPS today and I should have it next week.

As soon as I get it I will post pictures.

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Way to go Jack!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 08:50:00 PM »
Thanks Kelly.  Now there are two.  Gotta think that in some attics, somewhere in the world, there are a few more.  That was the deal with this one.  It was in a Canadian attic since the early '70's.

Offline warpedarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 09:51:00 PM »
Great!  And you have done a really good job lately of digging up old threads Jack.  I enjoy reading them even if I don't recognize some of the people.

Post some pictures when it arrives.
Brad Lehmann

Online Phil Magistro

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »
Good for you Jack!!
"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."    - Oscar Wilde

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
Supposed to be her on Tuesday.  Been tracking it.  UPS Ground has departed East Syracuse, NY, United States  06/17/2016  4:05 A.M.   Coming from Canada.

:clapper:      :clapper:       :clapper:      :clapper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©