INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Difference In Grayling Type 1 "B" Risers ??  (Read 409 times)

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
Difference In Grayling Type 1 "B" Risers ??
« on: May 14, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »
Recently I purchased a type 1 “B” Grayling RH riser. Looking at closely I noticed a difference from my other Type 1 “B” riser. This one has a flared bottom on the grip.
The other type 1 “B” riser has straight grip no flare. The flare reminds of my prototype walnut riser that was one of five made by Owen Jeffery while working in the R&D dept for Bear Archery.  His flared grip is evident. Also noticed a difference in the style of shelf. The new riser has straight side and ends where as my other Type 1 “B” riser has a rounded shelf. There may other difference that haven’t caught my eye as yet. It seems like  Bear was experimenting on a final design ???   The early Gainesville along with Signature Bow have what would consider the Standard style. It would be interesting to see what other owners of  Grayling Type 1 “B” riser see or think. This also applies to both RH and LH risers.Anyone have thoughts on this.
The quest go’s on............Moose

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Difference In Grayling Type 1 "B" Risers ??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:25:00 AM »
moose you got any pics ? bd

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
Hi Don : Will try posting later today. Also sent you a private message..........moose

Offline Moooseran

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
Hi Don: Tried calling you. How's everything going ???  I know your busy and had some problems so I haven't bugged you about my limbs. Any idea when I'll get them??

The riser I recently purchased has a different heel on the grip. In the post on "B" serial numbers there's a photo showing large group of "B" from ABear. Look from the center riser to the right side and you can see the flare at the bottom of the grip area on a few of these risers.

I've been in rather poor health and have trouble
getting around. This may be my last hunting season and not sure what I'll do if I get lucky and drop a deer. I'll have to have someone with me to drag it out or bring Salt & Pepper and eat it on the spot. Getting old sucks.
Take care get back to me and I'll put a few photos up  later.........moose

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
we're back at work now moose I had to sell off half my collection to refi but we got everything handled OK finaly will keep you posted.I'll take a look a abears pics but I'am pretty sure I know what your talking about bd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©