3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dang UPS!  (Read 582 times)

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dang UPS!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
Ok Vermon, I'll list mine. A new Stotler Gamegetter Elite. Tiger & Zebra wood Riser with Juniper limbs. 65lbs @ my draw length. Great shootin bow. Its a proto-type of Dans new design. I will try to get pictures out tomorrow.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
USPS for sure. Friend owns a jewelry store had UPS deliver a empty box was supposed to have a 13 thousand dollar engagement ring inside. He is still fighting them over the INSURED package almost two years later!!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
True story... I just received my Horne's Traditionalist from Mark and Sandy. UPS it came around 5-5:30 PM [MOMMA answered the door and accepted it. . I looked at the tube when i came home and almost puked!!! THANK GOD it was in a tube it had a tire track maybe a highlow tire track on the crushed tube ,the metal cap was crushed had to pull it out with a visegrip. I was sick took the bow out and went over every inch with a magnifying glass bow was perfect.I can tell you this UPS is terrible! BUT around the holidays they hire cheap x-mas  help and this is what happens.There are alot of bowyers out there that will not use them. They are terrible!!! Wait until i can post some pictures.Sorry to do this to your thread but I had to vent!I mail a bunch of bows and I use USPS good old United States  Post Office a little slower but never a problem.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
guess i better stay out of this one. there are MANY brown drivers (myself) who strive to do the right thing and are very proud of what they do.    :readit:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline returntoarchery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
I've never had a problem with UPS myself in 20+ years of using them. Our drivers have even brought packages in to our house when they were too heavy/bulky for my wife to handle.   I'm just belly aching out of jest.

Offline DV of WI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
Well then use FedEx and UPS. Then you can be FEDUP

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
I would just like to thank all the good drivers out there ( Ken ) . They do care and want to deliver packages in good shape :0) Thanks Ken  . Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
UPS has come to my house every day this week I need to give this guy a xmas gift being that he walks my 120 yard drivweway twice a day ever day LOL.

Offline Hoodoo Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Our local UPS driver is one of my best friends.  He is a great guy and great bowhunter and my steady hunting pard.  However...I too have seen him move boxes from the front of the truck to the back with his foot, kick by kick.  I give him heck about it and he tells me its hard to wrestle around with them in the narrow walkway in the truck.  Most of the stuff he is delivering is pretty much bullet proof.  Boxes of paper, hard goods etc, so I don't mind if he kicks it around a little.  Couple years ago, I ordered a metal cut band saw that was "just" under their weight limit and had it UPS'd instead of drop shipped, just for my pal.  When it arrived, the box it was in looked like it had just got back from Iraq.  I didn't run out to help him like I usually do either.  I thought it was a pretty good joke till he made me wash dishes all hunting season.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©