3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Schnee 16" uninsulated vs LaCrosse Burley  (Read 393 times)

Offline stripe55

• Trad Bowhunter
Schnee 16" uninsulated vs LaCrosse Burley
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Tore up another pair of Burleys this fall and am wondering if the tall Schnees are a viable alternative, price to performance wise. I'm sure the Schnees are great but at $185.00 I would need to hear from some seasoned vets . I'll add that I need that height for I am in or near water often.  Thanks for any and all.
"no sleep 'til 55"

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Schnee 16" uninsulated vs LaCrosse Burley
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
I have had troubles with the Burleys as well, I went ahead ant got some LaCrosse Mountaineers and they have lasted really well----I use them at work, too.

Offline stripe55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
Any Schnee guys out there??
"no sleep 'til 55"

Offline Tim Schoenborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
I use them

I fully endorse them. Also for what its worth. The non insulated versions are going to require movement. I use them in my boot rotation Grouse hunting in some wet areas.

They are a great outfit to deal with and you can have them rebuilt and they come back looking brand new. I think they are worth the money.

Mine are all the 13" version but it is the same boot.

Tim

Offline Ernie Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
Outstanding company and product. Having said that I'm not sure how they will be if you are in a lot of water often. I've had no problem with snow or a steam crossing but have never stayed in water over the rubber portions for long periods, in those conditions I go with all rubber like the burley. The Burley will last me for years if I'm carefull.

Ernie

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
I have used both, unless I am wading water, I will always go with the schnees, I dont think ya can find a better boot. If I had the $$ I would have a uninsulated (which I have) and a pair of insulated, I like the 16" boot with my pant legs tucked in, if you take care of them they will last ya several years, Burleys usually last 2-3 years for me. If ya are thinking scent control, I actually think the schnees are better in that a rubber boot actually makes ya sweat more, and "stovepipes" the odor, up and out of the boot.. My opinion.. good luck.. Dave
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline JBiorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
White's builds a good Pac too.

Offline Fallguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
The Schnee's are made with heavy duty leather uppers so there is a break in period.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught" Baba Dioum  Conservationist

Offline WindWalker-AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »
Mr. stripe55,
Have used the Schnee's 16" for quite a few years, both prospecting and hunting.  Great boot!
Best Wishes

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:00 PM »
Man, my Burleys have lasted almost 17 years.

How are they tearing up????
Otto

Offline stripe55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »
Thanks for the info. The Last pair of Burleys that gave out happened to be my oldest(20 years of hard use) gave out do to getting hooked on a moose antler whilemoving around the head during quartering, good way to go and it #@$#! me off!I have owned several other pair that were bought at the LaCrosse outlet here in Wi. None of those boots lasted more than two years with beaver sticks getting three pair, usually 1/3 of the way up the boot instep,thereabouts. Some of this is where I hunt but the quality of the newer Burleys isn't the same as 20 years ago for sure. I figured I'd hear good stuff about the Schnees but at the price(185.00)I wanted some endorsment here caus I ain't made-o-money! I need to justify and you all have helped me go ahead and decide on the Schnees. I will give them the stress test next year and reort back. Thanks all.
"no sleep 'til 55"

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
Schnees all the way. The  Lacrosse burleys were a good boot till they  started making em overseas...quality has lessened....IMHO.

The Schnee folks will repair, or recondition for a nominal fee, and I defy you to try pokin a hole on the saddle leather uppers! It cant be done!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline HalfRack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »
I'm visiting Boseman next summer and checking Schnees out, if I'm hunting in them from Oct 15 to Dec 1 in the upper midwest (Mn) how much insulation should I get? Thanks.

-Mike

Offline outbackbob48

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
Lacross boots diffintly have gone down hill since they started making them overseas, Lucky to get one season of hunting and trapping from them. Junk an way over priced IMO. Getting extemely hard to buy good boots anymore, I,m Predator trapping an walk probably 4to 5 miles a day everyday for 2 mo. This will test your footwear in a real hurry, no foot no horse. Later Bob

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
Schnees by far, its been said before- " you get what you pay for" schnees work great and feel great on your feet just make sure you get the right size.

Bill

Offline stripe55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
Thanks Maxwell, how do the sizes compare to, oh say Burleys or Red Wing boots? Thanks
"no sleep 'til 55"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©