3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fun Cheap Hunt  (Read 393 times)

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
Fun Cheap Hunt
« on: December 12, 2007, 03:25:00 PM »
Does such a thing exist? In CT there's not much to hunt so I was looking to get out of state and hunt. I was thinking hogs or something like that just someplace I could drive to and have a plast running around the woods and hunting. Does NY have hogs?
Self reliance cannot be bought

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fun Cheap Hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
No squirrels or bunnies in CT?
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
we have plenty of hogs, but their all holed up in the capital building in Albany....
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
Scott what area in Ct are you located? I have family up in the New London/Montville area.
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
We have hogs but theyre on small preserves.Youd probably find one for about 600.00 bucks.Not overly rewarding but they eat good and it beats sitting at home.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
Come to my bunny hunt in Feb, we have about 50 Tradgangers for two days beatin the brush. Do a search for Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt. Shawn
Shawn

Offline titus bass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »
Shawn,
Where do I search for the memorial hunt on the web or here at the site?? and where in NY?
Jon

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
Shawn the bunny hunt sounds great I already have my NY small game liscence so you can count me in. Recurve 50lbs Im from south western CT. But your relatives live near my dads place in westbrook Ct.

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
Scott E, I've bowhunted connecticut a few seasons and am always blown away by the numbers, size and boldness of the gray squirells up there. Surely they could keep you a little occupied?

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »
Rabbits in TX with a group of tradgangers and their kids on one of Curtis's ranches....most fun I can think of, period. Hope to get one together this or next year.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 08:58:00 PM »
JC, been thinking about that recently. It was pretty short notice this year, but told the six year old we are going next year. Any idea of possible dates?

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
Conrad, not sure about '07, but wide open on '08 if we can get some interest. Father/son/daughter hunt, cottontails, south texas, tents and peanut butter sandwiches deal during mild weather for the kids...hopefully cheap, communal, and lots of shot ops.

If you want in on some of it, drop a line to Curtis (littlefeather) and we'll keep you updated as we draw closer.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
There are a couple squirlles running around and I have taken a few with my bow but I was looking for something with a little more meat on it and a larger kill zone  :bigsmyl:  . Any way the rabbit hunt sounds exactly like what I was looking for.-Scott

Offline Swiper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »
Did a search and could not find the annual bunny hunt?

Offline Scott E

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 06:17:00 AM »
Same

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
The Bunny Hunt is in Feb.....search a few pages on the Pow Wow...or PM Shawn. You fellas don't want to miss this weekend.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
Nothing to hunt in CT?!  So the insane deer population and out of control tree rats don't do it for you?  :D

The state stocks pheasants in some locations... wing shooting is a blast.  The rabbit population has taken a drastic dive the last few years (due to the insane deer population overbrowsing their cover and the increase in coyotes and fishers), but the tree rat population is doing great.  And there are guys who would give up their  **insert something you really need here**  to be able to hunt deer from mid-September through the end of January, with unlimited deer tags to boot!  :D

We don't have it too bad... now if we can just get that whole Sunday hunting thing passed for next year!!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©