INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: ? on bear coin  (Read 331 times)

Offline kbertsch

• Trad Bowhunter
? on bear coin
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »
I am redoing a old bear I took the coin off and cleaned it up. Do you put the coin on and spray finish over it or put it on later? I tried to look the answer up in that rebuilding fourum but my computer is so slow it would take a month to get to the answer.
Kasper

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ? on bear coin
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
I believe bowdoc puts the finish on after installing the coin. That is what I have done on the few I have refinished. If you put the finish on first you may have trouble getting the coin back in as there could be a build up on the edge.
Jack Shanks

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »
what Jack said....if you put finish on first you may not get the coin back in the hole.Plus putting finish over the coin will help protect it from oxidation.Hey lets see some pics of your project ? bd

Offline kbertsch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
thanks for the info guys. If I can ever figure out how to post pics I will. I bought a kodiak hunter and super kodiak that where suppose to be in good condition, but all the limbs where badly twisted. I tried the hot water method that took some out then I put a wet towel in the microwave and got it super hot and wraped it around the limb, did that a few times, worked great. that  kodiak hunter is about the best shooting rucurve I ever shot. I only made 1 screw up I forgot to write down the serial # before hand and ended up sanding a litte to much in the area and now can't make out the number.
Kasper

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©