INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Hastings Actionrod Action Bow???  (Read 2152 times)

Offline skillet

• Trad Bowhunter
Hastings Actionrod Action Bow???
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
I haven't been here in a long, long time. Busy with work, moving a couple times, broken leg and just livin' life. I am living away from home for a while due to my work situation and did not bring any bows with me. I found what looks to be a near pristine "Action Bow, by the makers of Actionrod in Hastings Michigan" according to the decal. It has the number 8600 on the decal which rsembles a two blade broadhead.

No other markings on the bow, but as I say, this one looks brand new and I know it is at least 40 years old...Anyone have any info on them? This one is a sorta greenish translucent fiberglass, 61" nock to nock. Stamped #46 and 6103300 on the glass just under the hand grip. Grip is for a righthander, and is of blue leather. Again, looks like new.

Shooter? or tomato stake?

rick
R.C. Evans
Blacksmith & Bladesmith Apprentice. Chaser of deer and squirrels. Builder of mediocre bows and some nice arrows. "I've never been lost, but have been might misplaced on occassion."

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hastings Actionrod Action Bow???
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:02:00 AM »
Slap a fastflight string on that and whang away.

If you dont like it, send it to me. lol

Hastings Michigan plant and yep, from decades back. They sell ok on the big auction.

The "hunting weight" fiberglass bows are making a comeback it seems here the past few years.

Never shot one myself but one of the few Ive seen  that came in hunting weight in a glass bow.
Sorry Im not more help.

God Bless
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
I got one also but it's been in the closet just collecting dust...Mine is 49# and has a leather handle that has a shelf on both sides so it can be shot right or left hand... The # on mine is 8200 under a single arrowhead and has Actionbow  on it...I thought I had the only one...

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
They must be all over the place as I have one also, solid glass blue leather grip, shoot either side, 52#  serial # 2617-05.

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
They are pretty common and I come across them often and have several. I also have a wood and glass recurve made by Hastings which I have never seen another.

Offline LostNation_Larry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
Pro line bows were also made in Hastings.  I didn't know there were two bow manufacturers in that small town.  And Pro Line made traditional bows years ago.  They weren't always a compound line.
www.lostnationarchery.com
Where "Traditional" means "Personal Service."

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Actually I have a real clean vintage recurve bow that is marked: Thunderflite. ORCHARD INDUSTRIES HASTINGS MICHIGAN. Rust colored glass both sides and a multi colored wood riser. Nice old bow.

Offline Wolfbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Just saw this post.  Actionbow made thousands upon thousands of actionbows, from kids model 8000 to hunting recurves model 8800.  Most were solid fiberglass, others were laminate glass.  Great shooting bows, smooth and fast.  They were made in the 50's mostly, since the company went out of business in 1961.  Since I grew up in Hastings, MI, where they were made, I saw many growing up.  Always looking for pristine examples of their bows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©