INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Lamont ...  (Read 698 times)

Offline alaskabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Lamont ...
« on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
With a heavy heart I have to post I was told today that Lamont Granger, former owner of the Footed Shaft in Rochester, MN has gone on to a better place. His battle with cancer is over. He will always be remembered by me for his true love of traditional archery and very good personal friend. Lamont will be missed greatly. I'll be shooting an arrow in his memory. Peace brother.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lamont ...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
Lamont was the first guy I ever did business with when I got into traditional archery. On the phone, he always had time to answer a question or try to help solve a problem. I still have those old catalogs. I bought my '57 Kodiak from him... Rest in Peace....
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that, a good man to deal with. He always had the kids pictures on the cover of his brochure. It struck me he was a family orientated man with a good heart.

Offline macclare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
I wiil be shooting an arrow as well for Lamont. What a wonderful man he was. May God be with his family. Gary

Offline zepnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »
Had the pleasure of meeting Lamont several times. A truly fine man. He will be missed.

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
Lamont and I met in 1976 at my first ABCC meeting.  He was all that you fellows said.  We kept in touch through the ABCC and wherever I moved around the country. I was unable to see him these last few years, but we talked now and then.  No matter how long it had been, he was truly happy to spend some time with an old friend.

I will always treasure his friendship....and I will miss him.  Rest in Peace, Old Friend.
Tom

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that,my prayers sent to family and friends.
One of my arrows will be shot in the Colorado wilderness tomorrow and another one in Italy as I come back.Good hunting Lamont!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline jared s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
Very sorry to hear it. Lamont was all thats been said above. Happy hunting to him.

Jared
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Ferris Bueller

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
I spoke with a friend of mine today that went to the wake. Him and Lamont were close friends and hunting buddys. He said he never saw so many people at a wake before. Great turn out and send off to a traditional archery icon. Best wishes to all.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
I used to stop by the shop on my trips home...gonna miss the hours of stories he used to tell and the ceiling full of bows.   That visit was always the highlight of my trip back to Mn!

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
So sorry to hear!

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
First met Lamont in the 1970s at the ABCC meeting in Clinton, Indiana. Had the pleasure of serving as an ABCC officer when Lamont was the President. Unquestionably he was the best President the organization has ever had. Lamont was a gentleman and a consummate professional in every regard. What Lamont did for Traditional Archery and its revival during the past 30-40 years is immeasurable. Earlier this year in April and then later in June, had the pleasure to spend time during several days with him. When we looked each other in the eyes and said our final goodbye in June, we both knew it was the last time we’d see each other. It is always a wonderful feeling to be able to shake the hand of a dear old friend when you say that final goodbye. All too often, we are not afforded that opportunity. We who are fortunate to have many treasured memories of Lamont are truly blessed.
"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 12:20:00 AM »
I have done business with Lamont and the Footed Shaft since the late 80's. Watched his grandkids grow up through his catalogs.  Always right on with his cedar shafts and his Bear Archery knowledge. Was very disappointed with the passing of the company but now I understand why.  He will be missed by many of us out this way.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
I was just thinking of these guy's bd

Offline Ron Roehrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Lamont would be smiling if he could see his words on the back of the new barbed zwickey packaging, he never kner Jack was going to put it on there and didnt get a chance to see the finished product before he passed. Lamont had alot of imput getting Jack to make these broadheads. Something I think he knows.... Ron.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
wow thats really nice Ron.Would you happen to have a pic of the package ?
and yes yes sir we're all going to miss Lamont bd

Offline Ron Roehrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
Don, I will send you a photo and you can post it. Ron.

Offline Ron Roehrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
Don photos sent,please post them. Thanks. Ron.

Offline Ron Roehrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Photos of the new barbed Zwickeys were posted under thread titled  Broadheads Barbed Zwickeys by bowdoc.

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »
What a great guy Lamont was. I bought my first longbow from him in 2003 with his guidenance and advice. i wish I had it back now. I made several purchases from him after that and he was always very helpful in guiding me in the right direction. He will be sorely missed.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©