INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Broadhead ID  (Read 286 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Broadhead ID
« on: October 01, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Is this an old Bear broadhead that somebody botched the resharpening job on or is it a different brand?

My brother got these from a guy he works with and he was describing them to me over the phone. I said I thought they sounded like Bear broadheads until he said the tip was rounded?!?!   :dunno:  

I've never seen a rounded tip on a broadhead so I had him send me a pic so I could ask the broadhead collectors out there, I'm sure you all would know what this is.

Thanks!

~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead ID
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
It's a Bear that has been rounded. There were several bowhunters doing this in the late 70's and early 80's with the theory that the needle point would stick in bone and the rounded point would slide around it. I tried several heads that way, but couldn't tell any difference, so I quit it.
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead ID
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks ksbowman, that's kinda what I was thinking but I was only about 3 yrs. old in 70' so I had never heard of anybody doing that. Just based on what the broadhead looks like, that's what I guessed had been done to it.

BTW- does anybody know where to get bleeder blades for these heads? My brother wants to hunt with them and is looking for bleeders.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©