INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: "Mooseran"  (Read 815 times)

Offline inrut

• Trad Bowhunter
"Mooseran"
« on: October 20, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
I found this info this morning while surfing. Sorry to hear this. I thought others may like to know. He was a man of knowledge when it came to Bear archery.
 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fredbear/message/3721

Offline OldSkoolArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Mooseran"
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
WOW. I am sorry to hear that. I talked to him a few times and seemed like a super guy.

Thoughts go out to the family.

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
There are some awesome pics on his website. If you like to look at Bear risers and memorabilia....take a look.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
I am very sorry to hear that;we talked and exchanged mails few times.Prayers sent from Italy to the family and friends.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
His daughter called me as well. I was heartbroken to hear this sad news.

Moose and I spoke once a week.
Constant deal making and trading.
"Bear collecting/ Bear History conversations" mostly.
But lately his health has been the topic of conversation.
He's been telling me that he's not gonna be around long. I would get mad at him for talking so negative and I would always tell him to keep his chin up, be strong, listen to your doctors and get well.

Moose was quite a character and very funny. He always had a joke and always used foul language in them. I loved talking with him. He reminded me alot of my Dad. He was very direct and "what you see is what you get" kind of guy.
He called me the "Merry Mortician" and always made me laugh.  He and I shared a mutual friend (Frank Scott) of Bear Archery.
We would go back and forth with "who Frank Scott liked better". Great comedy was going on with that!!!
He loved Bear bows and preserving Bear Archery history. Actually, he loved ALL archery. He was very passionate about that and that's where He and I connected the most.

I'll see you when I get there Moose.
Have a good joke for me when I arrive and make me laugh once again.

Rest in Peace Moose........philip "the merry mortician"
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline AALLFAB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
So sad, we has some great conversations and bow exchanges. I wish the family the best. Jim

Offline Horney Toad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
Sorry to hear the sad news.

Offline oldbohntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 12:36:00 AM »
I only met Moose a couple of times, but I liked him. RIP, Moose, you certainly deserved more time here.
Tom
Tom

Offline zepnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Sad time indeed. I met Moose years ago at Compton's. In time we became good friends. He would be in my booth most of the weekend. We would talk on the phone once twice a week. First thing he would say.. What are you up too?... Then mostly talk about archery collecting. As Philip said with Moose was what you see is what you get. Moose was one of a kind. I will miss him dearly.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
geezus what a huge loss he was a great guy.I finished up a set of 42# limbs for his take down at the end of aug.and shipped them back before I went huinting.He left a message on my phone how happy he was with them.We'll all miss Moose a lot bd

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about this. I had some dealings with Moose, and I really liked him.
One of the really good guys is gone -- May he rest in peace.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline wadde

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »
I had some dealings with Moose as well. Sorry to hear he has passed. My condolences to his family and friends.

Offline newell38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
Been out to moose's place in whiting a few times and he was a good guy and I've known him for about 10yrs. When I first met him he was in pretty good shape for being a heavy smoker.  I went a few years without seeing him and then I saw him at kalamazoo this year and he was down about 20lbs and wheeling around an oxygen tank. It was really sad to see. He was really close to the folks at kustom king and spent a lot of time there and that's how I met him. We all kind of live in the same area.  Moose will be missed....he was the one who sparked my love for vintage bear bows. RIP brother.
"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Endless loop strings, heavy bows, and wood and only wood arrows...my kind of archery!

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
I met Moose for the first time at Zepnuts booth at Compton this past year. I enjoyed listening to him and Norm go at it. Sounded fierce but you could tell they were great friends.
He will be missed.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline roofleakfixer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
So sorry to hear about Moose.  He would ask if he could hang out at our booth at Cloverdale, so I would always write him in as an employee.  Even though it was our booth, he would say " Have you got room for a couple of my bows on your table?"  Sure thing Moose.  Then he would bring out four bows, T/D cases, tree stands.... He wasn't a mooch, just crafty.  Sometimes he could be a real "peckerhead" to deal with, but we still loved him because he brought the coffee!!  Every morning from McDonalds just like clockwork.  We feel very lucky to have known him.  May he rest in peace.  Our condolences to his family.  I will miss you, but will never forget you.

roofleakfixer

Offline Tatersalad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
i never knew moose personally but was getting ready to buy a Bear rier to add to my collection.  Im sorry i missed the oppurtunity to deal with moose sounds like a first class guy.  my prayers go out to his family.  god bless/

Michael

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »
I wanted to just bump Moose to the top one more time..he was a top noch guy bd

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
What a character He was Doc.
I liked talking him, he had a way with words if you know what I mean. Too funny.....philip
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
hey Phil I laughed my ass off so hard a few days ago.My cell took a dump on me.But when I got it back there was a message from Moose on it.We had a deal going on some work I'd done for him on some limbs and he wanted to settle up.He was swaping me a bear print same as the one you have listed ? Fred with the cat and custom 59 Kodiak ??? Holy begeezus that message was so friggen funny I laughed my ass off until I bust out crying big ass alligator tears .... real one's.He was one of the good one's let me tell ya.I loved that old fart what a loss bd

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
He was funny Doc!
He used to crack me up whenever we spoke.

I made 3 different attempts to reach out to his family since his passing. No messages returned.

I wanted to offer my assistance/experience with the collection of bows Moose had.
He is/was the current custodian of PapaBear's personal and last T/D bow among other items. The bow he signed to himself.

I have ZERO interest in ANY items for myself.
I will repeat it....ZERO.

Moose and I spoke many times about purchasing his significant collection. I always told him that I have no interest in making a museum. PapaBears items should go to Bear Archery under the supervision of 1 man. Neil Byce.

I want to make sure that his family is not taken advantage of. His daughter Melina asked me about stuff when we spoke briefly.
I told her to do nothing and call me when she had a clear mind and I will guide her/them.
Have not heard from her since. I hope they have been advised well.

.......Philip
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©