3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: your most unusual trophy  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: your most unusual trophy
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
:biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:  Just Read the Skunk in the PumpHouse Thread!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Online TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Twice as a young boy i remember killing a bird with a stone. The first was sitting on a rock about the size of a bushel basket. The stone hit the rock right in front of the bird, bounced up and killed the bird.
The other time, I was walking on a road at my grandfather's house. The bird was 30 yards or so standing in the road. I skipped a stone, just like on a pond. The stone took out the birds legs and the bird was dead. I caught hell for that one from my dad. I didn't think I would hit either one of those birds. I have no idea after all these years, what kind of birds they were. Just little ones.
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline blazelefty7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2010, 02:18:00 AM »
Both of these aren't archery related...but I was playin catch with my younger brother one time with a baseball.  Rabbit was nibblin on mom's flowers about 20 yards away and I drilled that rabbit right in the shoulders with a fastball.  Sounded like it hit a basketball.

Another time, I used to work in a lumberyard.  Buddy of mine and I were walkin along the lifts of lumber and chipmunk pops up and starts runnin along the 2x6x14s.  He pops his tape measure off his belt and drills the chippie running right in the head straight away from us.

Offline hightop_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 02:51:00 AM »
most memorable trophy  was the first kill i ever made. their is a ground squirrel problem in Alberta. I found one poking his head out of a hole and snuck up 20 yards and shot 4 arrows at its head funny thing about ground squirrels their head move faster than their bodies on the fifth arrow i nailed that lil bugger. the thing they didn't warn me about is that ground squirrels are actually in the dangerous game category he chewed through the two arrows i had in him. I was scared out f my wits  but the third arrow sent the lil ground squirrel straight in to his grave. Il never forget that kill he was a monster and took more arrows to kill him than any thing els I ever shot.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Not a bow story, but I was dry flyfishing in Kamloops bc at Jocko lake and I hooked a bat in the dark....couldn't figure out why my fly line was going UP...thought I had drifted into the trees.

So I start pulling in the line and on the end was a bat trying like crazy to get off.

Well all was good until he started chewing on my FENMWICK....so I shoved the tip in the water and after a few seconds the action stopped...I pulled my rod out and he was draped over the end of my rod.

I just cut the leader...then the cool thing happened.

The bat was just laying there in the water and I heard the biggest slurp ever....I turned and he was gone...figured it was an 8+ pound rainbow..

i didn't have any BAT FLIES LEFT...crap.

Jer Bear

Offline jason1040

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
Hoser1268 - that is one cool buck!
Todd Frickey Southfork Custom 70# @ 30"

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
I got a first place trophy for the trad division at a 3-D shoot a few years back.  Very unusual for me.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
Shot a carp once and when I pulled it in the arrow, had also went through a nice big bluegill.
PBS  Member

Offline Lonnie bailey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
while i was laid off from work i had alot of spare time to kill,during that time i sot a bumble bee and awalking stick, like i said, i had alot of spare time
2012 Traditional World Champion MLB

Zipper SXT T/D longbow 60" 46# @28"
Zipper Zipstick longbow 60" 42# @28"

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
MOLE, was out shooting and was walking back to the house. Something caught my eye and the little so and so, was digging his little path. Not a long shot about 10 feet would be my guess. Pulled the arrow and sure enough had me a MOLE trophy.

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
It might not be unusual to some but for a northeast Texas boy it was,killed a badger on my wife's uncle's ranch in south Texas.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
that's cool robert...jer bear

Offline WTT03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »
Well I haven't had any success yet with my bow with the animals that I'm hunting but while practicing in the backyard I've taken two honeybees and a bumblebee! What? They're trophy's to me  ;)
Todd

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
When i was 18 yrs old a buddy of mine and his wife came to my house to buy a gun from me.

I was shooting off my dad's deck when they arrived and my friend said can you hit anything with that bow.

A bird was sitting on a fence post 25yds away and i said watch this.

I shot the bird of the fence post and nailed him, after the arrow went through the bird another bird came flying by about 15yds behind the first bird and my arrow hit and killed that bird also.

I have 2 eye witness when this happened but i really did kill 2 birds with one shot.

That had to be a one and 10 billion shot.

That happened 24 yrs ago and my buddy still brings it up every time i see him.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline c'ville

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
Mouse...last year I was laying in bed when a mouse ran across my pillow.  I launched out of bed and grabbed my bow from the wall strung it and nocked an arrow.  
Now it was time to put jazz the great hunting cat to work.  The mouse had run under my door and out into the main room of my apartment.  I opended the door and sent jazz on the stalk.  She immediately sniffed the mouse out and crounched watching staring directly behind the sofa like a pointer.  I gave her a little nudge and she took off to flush our quarry.
The little beast came flying out from under the sofa and ran straight across the living room at no more than five feet.  I hit full draw and released sending an arrow right behind its shoulder. The blunt killed the mouse instantly and jazz was even nice enough to retrieve it for me....if only she could track deer
Bring a compass because it's awkward when you have to eat your friends.

BBO 73#@28in

Offline val

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
Bought a bow and shot a chipmunk with it 2 days later.. never will forget that

Offline Kurt Miller

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2010, 11:02:00 PM »
Rotted old fallen pine log 10 yds past the Tom I missed on Wednesday.  Oh wait, the bird was the trophy that I let slip away...  :bigsmyl:

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
do those of you shooting in the house at rhodents have dirt floors?? my wife would have my head on the wall over the fireplace if I did that.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
All the houses in Virginia have dirt floors.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
Killy   :bigsmyl:
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©