INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: What a pretty bow  (Read 664 times)

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
What a pretty bow
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Check it out,seems like a good price.

C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What a pretty bow
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
:notworthy:
Lon Scott

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
I'll be very surprised if he doesen't get that price
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
Not the first time on the circuit.
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
It will not last long.  Even in today's market, he is basically giving it away.  Nice low number.  Still has the outer shipping box as well.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 06:55:00 AM »
Not that I would spend 6 G's on that bow myself.Wow if I had 6 G's right now I'd skip town.
However if someone was going to step up to the plate for that one right there and dropped the dough(oh the pain of it all).
But you gotta leave it as is OK ??? NO hunting with it.Fact is you can only handle it on sunday afternoons with white gloves on because the gold plate will tarnish from the sweat on your hands everytime you think about the 6 grand you just dropped.
But then you give it to your youngest grandkid for xmas one year.And down the road a ways the G-kid will be our age OK ? and in the far off furture the G-child he or she will be chatting away on tradgang.com of the furture.com.
They are talking about old and I mean really old by then bear bows......then the G-kid he or she posts some pics of the G-pa's old bear take down........wammmmmbammmm there she is still in the original box being shown off again in the year 2050.Those 6 biggie's ya'all dropped in the year of 2011 are looking like chicken feed in 2050.When another g-kid collecter says to your g-kid collecter yeah I just seen one sell on southerbee's auction for $40,000.00 great investment if you are an invester bd

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
I looked at that bow.
Seems to be a beauty, #20.
Price is not out of line either.

I personally feel that the Fred Bear Signature Bow is the most beautiful and significant "modern bow" in the world!
A culmination of years of R/D, craftsmanship and much thought.

In short, very short.

Financially, they were a failure for Bear Archery.
Gold plating the unique numbered Hardware, obtaining the expensive exotic lumber, unique glass, the ivory, the engraving of the ivory, the walnut cases, the finish work. The vendors who Bear had to hire too. So much leg work!

Imagine the time and great effort to do all this for 1 special bow times 1000!

The proposed and planned 1000 units never happened. Not even close. The bows were very expensive @ $1000.00. Alot of money for a bow that most would not shoot.

Most folks opted for the standard FB Take Down which was a fraction of the price.

300 or less were actually made and lot's of those were sent back to Bear Archery for one reason or another.

I could go on about it but if you get one or just get to hold one, look past it's amazing beauty. Think about all it took just to produce them.
No Bear bow that I own is just polished and admired. I have shot them all and intend to shoot them more still.

Even my signature bow!  :saywhat:  
..........Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline texophilite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
In the late 80s I had one in my store. A fellow left it with me to see if I could sell it for a grand. No one even wanted to look at it. After about six months, he returned to pick it up and said if I wanted to I could buy it for $800. Needless to say I did not and as of several years ago, have been kicking myself.   L.
LTH

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
Right time; right place; right person.  Why not?
Doc you really 'can' see into the future.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©