INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Historical Archery Quiz - 100 Questions for JohnnyRazorhead or Anyone Else  (Read 4722 times)

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
I know this thread is dead but hey I found the answer to number 27
Taken from one of Wade Phillips posts

"This uniquely constructed E.F. Enos Jr., Steel Spring Bow was patented in 1915."

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
Does anyone know exactly where William Van Vorst killed that first buck? I mean EXACTLY. My land has a Bitely, Michigan address and that's where the 1st buck was killed. It's a small mailing address.

Before my dad started bowhunting in the late 1960's, he said bowhunters had been hunting our land for many years, but nobody ever paid attention to them, back then, since there were so few of them.

In fact, there were only 2 counties open to that first archery season, with Newaygo county being one.

The Bitely zip code only has 1800 people falling under the address and that's in todays population. There's only 114 sq miles in the zip code. So the odds are very good that I may have hunted the very same section as with that very first buck.

My property is about 3 miles east of Bitely, which is basically a bar and a gas station. Anyone have access to any journal or notes from that first buck?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©