INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Factory camo  (Read 411 times)

Offline bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
Factory camo
« on: December 07, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Just thinking about factory camo. How rare are factory camo '59 K's?  Same question for early takedowns with built-in sights? I need one, especially the takedown.  My dad had one the first year they came out but trade it for a Wing wheelie in the late '70s. I would like to get one for him while he can still shoot, but I have never seen one for sale. He is 74 this year.

Offline Wade Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Factory camo
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
bswear -

Factory camo 1959 Kodiaks are not rare at all.     ;)    

Just look at this photograph of all of these guys who using factory camo 1959 Kodiaks...

How rare can they be if these guys have so many???    :saywhat:  

"Real Sportsmanship is Fair Play" - Art Young

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." - Will Rogers

Offline johnnyrazorhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 02:06:00 AM »
bswear-I sent you a P.M.

Offline bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Wade,

I know you're joking but seems to me lots of bows would be less scarce if you quit hoarding and using them for tomato stakes!  Matter of fact you probably have the camo '59's holding up your snow peas!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
BS which take down with the sight built in ? mag or woodie ? I wanted to mention as for factory camo'ed bows ? I like em.I think they look kind of cool.And yes I have always been looking for a 60" 1959 hunting weight in factory camo for my personal use.
Here's a real cool story seeing how Wade posted the pic.I was standing in Northwest Archery one day maybe early 1990's when one of the guy's in that pic of the little Delta hunt walked in the door ? that old dude comes walking in the shop with yes its true one of those bows in hand.No not one like them but actualy one of the bows shown in that pic.He was one of the guy's on the hunt with the boy's and still had the factory camo 1959 Kodiak he's used on the Delta.As best I remember the bow was a right hand 56" 50# 1959 factory camo bd

Offline bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
Doc,

Wood.  I know Dad gave me a little Bear with 4 arrow quiver and camo when I was about 8 years old.  I still have that bow and the 67 1/2 Super K you re-finished is what Dad is shooting now.  I just think it would be cool to replace his original wood handle.  Of course I could always buy one and paint it but they are a bit pricey.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
I would pay any reasonable price for such a bow,for sure you will not loose a penny out of it.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
Philip, you are right cost should not really be the issue and also correct that it won't lose value over time.  Dad can't remember what the type I bow cost back then but he probably didn't get much by today's standards when he traded it for the wheelie bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©