INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Is this a Jack Howard Jet?  (Read 424 times)

Offline dkard

• Trad Bowhunter
Is this a Jack Howard Jet?
« on: December 24, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
I have this Jack Howard Bow. Doesn't look like the Gamemaster Classic I have,

In beautiful shape unfortunately it is a LH bow

thanks dave

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is this a Jack Howard Jet?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
I it a Jack Howard bow, but NOT a Jet. This is one of Jack's "low end" bow. He purchased many blanks from Damon Howett (Martin) and finished them. Good bows. but not a Jet.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
I agree with Danny.

To tell for sure check the Serial number.  If it starts with HH it is a Howard Hunter, which is actually a Howatt Hunter finished with Jacks logo and finish.  It will be 62"

If it is a 66", then it could be a Jet.

Good eye, Danny.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline dkard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Serial # is H153

62"  long

dave

Offline 450 marlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
A nice looking LH recurve...

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
That is the Jack Howard Hunter.   Jack made a 66" bow.  His customers loved it, but some asked him to come out withj a 62" model.  He did not want to retool and start from scratch for a 62" model.  So he bought about 50 (I think that's what he told me" unfinished Howatt Hunters and finished them with his logo and his special finish.  Hard as glass.  He marketed them as the Jack Howard hunter.

Now the Howatt Hunter is a good bow in its on right, but it is not Jack's limb design with spined matche glass and core laminations, Jack's signature feature.  

As far as rarety goes, it is rather rare since he only made about 50 of them.  So that makes it somewhat collectible.  I don't know what you have in it, but it is worth haveing in a collection, in my opinion.  I have one in a right hand version.  Mine has a diamond wood riser and I have a Howatt with the same riser.  They look identical.  

It is not a jet.  It is not a Jack Howard desighn.  But it is what it is, and worth having.

Good find.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©