INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Huntig Partner  (Read 425 times)

Offline Jacquesbonin

• Trad Bowhunter
Huntig Partner
« on: January 06, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
Happy New Trad Gang! Here is a short story about my hunting partner his name is Harry Hubbard, nickname is "Bambi-Boy". Harry started target archery at age 55. Started hunting at age 56. Through a very quick learning curve how to hunt with traditional archery equipment, Harry has taken a total of 16 deer, after 16 hunting seasons. Remarkable when considering Harry lives in Manchester,N.H. Now everyone should know how difficult it is to hunt a non-existing deer population like the one we hunt in N.H. So the rest of the story is the hunts Harry and I take hunting the first week in October in the state of Pennsylvania and the first or second week in November in N.J. Now that has been said, we come to the best part Harry at 71 years of age is dropping bow weight. In order to see his archery endeavors continue I gave Harry his first "FRED BEAR"a"GRIZZLY"1965zebra wood handle 58" and 45#s. He shoots wood arrows and cannot get over how well this bow shoots. Now to do one better I gave Harry a "VICTOR KODIAK" T/D using #1 limbs pulling 46#s. Here is his most recent comment, (This T/D is the sweetest thing to shoot! I love it!)Now that is what I wanted to hear from Harry, as I believe he will shoot a bow better if he like the way it feels in his hand, but here is the best part he has never shot any bow better than he has shot the two "BEARS" with the "VICTOR" his absolute favorite. I am hoping Harry gets many more years and hunting experiences. Here's to "BAMBI-BOY" YA for Harry!  Jacques A. Bonin

P.S. For those who would like to see pictures you can log-on to  www.whitemountaintraditionalbowhunters.com  and click on the hunting adventure section then click onto the adventure you would like to see, short story accompanies each title

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Huntig Partner
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
That is a nice story, I hope harry has many, many, more years hunting with you.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©