INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Broadhead ID Help  (Read 452 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Broadhead ID Help
« on: January 28, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
As I've said in the past, I am not a collector, just a "gather-er" (or pack rat - LOL). Picked these up at the flea market today, and assume they are broadheads. They have no brand name (or any printing/imprints) on them that I can find. Would be glue-ons. They weigh 91 - 120 gr (w/ 2 @ 114 and 1 @ 116). The four fins, which are extensions of the main body, are turned out at right angles at the edges (makes them look like rocket ships). Anybody recognize them as a brand, etc., or have any info? Thanks for looking.

Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline raghorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Broadhead ID Help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »
Cobra 1953
this was the first head in my collection. I didn't know I was collecting when I got it!
It is on my list to hunt with someday. The back two blades are sharpened together so they are a single bevel...imagine that!

Offline mullet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »
Nice find, Bernie. Looks like you are still climbing trees. ;)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
Thank you so much, raghorn. Interesting. I didn't notice that, though I did see the sharpening on the fins/back blades - so I went back and checked. Sure enough, that is so neat. Do you know if they were popular at all? As a coincidence, it's also the year I first entered the Marine Corps.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
Thank you mullet - long time no
'talk

Thanks, mullet - long time no "talk". Yep, by the grace of God, I'm still able - and that pic was just taken in Dec - LOL.

(LOL I also can still make double posts - but now without even using two "Enters"     :knothead:  )  

'

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
Raghorn You are awesome at this broadhead ID stuff.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©